KC, Missouri - LHBS Worth a Damn?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o0weno

Reaction score
I have a buddy who wants to start brewing but is going to have to wait for a starter kit to hit craigslist before he can afford to start up.

My question is where should I send him to buy ingredients? I looked online but didn't see any stores that stuck out as stellar. Anyone in the area who knows which store is the best one?

Any lurkers out there who have given up and want to give my buddy a deal on a starter kit? :D

Locally, you've got Bacchus & Barleycorn at 67th & Nieman on the Kansas side, Brewcat (aka "Home Brew Pro Shoppe" out in Olathe), and one that's in Lee's Summit I think but it's either closed or I can't remember the name.

I live right near Bacchus but honestly with their prices and how long it can take to get service there if it's busy it's often just better to buy online. Both Midwest Supplies and Northern Brewer are in the twin cities and will make it here on or before Friday if shipped on Monday. Also MW uses Fedex which delivers on Saturday, which can be nice.

I haven't ordered from Austin Home Brew or Morebeer or any of the others but I would say your best bet is to just buy a kit online. 99/100 it's going to be cheaper than anything you can find here unless you strike gold.

Thanks for the help!

Those are the ones I looked at. I live in Portland, OR and the stores around here are amazing. Great people and great prices!

F.H. Stienbarts for the win!

Back