Kansas City bars & bottle shop recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kagythings

Reaction score
I will be spending Thanksgiving with family in the Kansas City area and want to see if any of you know of good beer bars and bottle shops there. I'll be in the Overland Park area most of the time but will be downtown on the plaza a few times too. I live in PA so I usually find beer in KS that I don't typically have access to but was hoping to find some new spots with creative selections.
Thank you and have a great holiday weekend.
Chad

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Boulevard has some really good beers. They give tours also. I visited this summer while at my sin's house.
Tom

I find that the Missouri side has a better selection at the larger stores than the Kansas side. There's a Lukas Liquor Store at 135th and State Line on the Missouri side that I used to go to when I wanted a good selection. Some good breweries that you may not be able to get in PA are Boulevard, Free State and Tallgrass. Boulevard is in KC, Free State is just a bit west of KC in Lawrence and Tallgrass is in Manhattan KS.

Thank you guys. I'm familiar with Boulevard. Had my rehearsal dinner at the brewery last year before my wedding. I've been to Lukas Liquor but not on the Missouri side so I'll dad that direction this weekend. Hoping to find the bar I went to last year on Black Friday with amazing stouts like Bourbon County. Have a great weekend and thank you.

I went to the Bier station on Black Friday and it was great. They had Bourbon County Stout and Barleywine on tap. The bottle list on hand to take home was amazing. If you have a chance, I'd recommend going there. Thank you for the advice. I have two more days here and plan to be on the Plaza tomorrow.

I'll have to check our Bier Station when I'm in KC. I see they have rotating taps. You were fortunate to find Bourbon County on tap. :mug:

Back