Kamp Kitchen 3 in 1 Turkey fryer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I boil on a turkey fryer with a 4 or 5 inch propane burner. 5 gallons is 20 quarts, plus (roughly) a boiled off gallon per hour is 24 quarts.

I found one that has a drain on closeout at Lowe's but the aluminum should be easy enough to add a drain should you want to.

I say buy it if the kettle is 32 qts or greater.

Skagdog said:
I boil on a turkey fryer with a 4 or 5 inch propane burner. 5 gallons is 20 quarts, plus (roughly) a boiled off gallon per hour is 24 quarts.

I found one that has a drain on closeout at Lowe's but the aluminum should be easy enough to add a drain should you want to.

I say buy it if the kettle is 32 qts or greater.

Silly me, he said its 30 quarts...buy it anyways and remember, a watched pot never boils (over)...

Im not too concerned with the size of the pot. I really am interested in the burner because I dont think my current stove situation has been boiling as well as I need it to. So the pot is just an added bonus.

I have a burner very similar to the link from Wally's place and it will heat 30 Qts to boiling pretty quick. I didnt time it because I already knew anything would be faster than my stove. But it was amazingly fast so I am happy and it was like 39.00 bucks on sale too. The burner I got at Wall's is square with a round burner under a very nice and well constructed grid. I have only test run it and used it to do an oxide layer in the pot so it may be a tad bit slower with wort, but still faster than a stove by a long shot. Hope this helps make the decision a bit easier.
Crippled Bob

Thanks Rbeckett, that's the kind of answer I was hoping for. I feel like $30 is too good a deal to pass up. At the very worst I will be able to deep fry a turkey next thanksgiving if it fails for homebrewing.

I have a 12-15 yr old turkey fryer and it works great. It sat on the side of the house for aong time and got a bit rusty but i took a wire brush to it and now i've done 2 batches on it.

Back