Just tasted my first ever homebrew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've waited 4 and a half long weeks to taste this beer. I was an anxious mess the entire time. My fears have been set aside. I bottled just a little over a week ago. I know I should have waited another week or so but I couldn't resist and I'm glad I didn't. It tastes amazing. I got a brewer's best Black IPA kit from the local homebrew shop. I can't wait to start my next batch. Any suggestions? I love IPA's and anything with a hop flavor that will make your teeth cringe.

There are a few attempts at a clone for Two Hearted from Bells. If you have never had it...well find it and then I'm sure you will want to try to make your own.

Glad it worked out for you there are some Ipa's in the recipe forum,maybe do an extract or partial extract if your comfortable buying your grains/extract and steeping. Im thinking about doing Yooper's 60 min IPA-( A dogfishhead beer that im unable to get anymore because the popularity made it limited to the sources around me.) So screw it ill try to brew it.

Glad it worked out for you there are some Ipa's in the recipe forum,maybe do an extract or partial extract if your comfortable buying your grains/extract and steeping. Im thinking about doing Yooper's 60 min IPA-( A dogfishhead beer that im unable to get anymore because the popularity made it limited to the sources around me.) So screw it ill try to brew it.

Is that the 120?

Thats theyre imperial ipa i think and ive never had it and its probably 120 ibu's.Im not a big imperial fan.They have 60 90 120 maybe another i dont know i thought the 90 was more malty/syrupy for my taste.

I love DFH 60min 90min and 120min are my three favorite beers ever. I'm from Delaware so I grew up 20 mins from the brewery and love the brew pub. The kit I used was a partial extract so I feel pretty confident about trying it again. I'll definitely have to check out this 60min sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Austin home brew and northern brewer have clone kits for Surly Furious, which is a fabulously hoppy beer. More so than Bells Two hearted ale

Any suggestions? I love IPA's and anything with a hop flavor that will make your teeth cringe.

If you are talking bitter than there's nothing more cringer on your teeth than Stone's Ruination IPA. Go big or go home!

Yooper has a recipe in the recipe section for this.

Back