Just got it in the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowain

Reaction score
I have now filtered and kegged my Pale Ale. This is the first use of the kegging system and the filtration system, but I think all went well.

There was a little spillage but overall I believe everything went well.

Now I've got the keg sitting in the fridge at 60 PSI.

He he, just kidding. It's at 15 PSI and will hopefully gain some decent carbonation in 5 days or so.

I'll try to post pictures of the final product. :D

cowain said:
I have now filtered and kegged my Pale Ale. This is the first use of the kegging system and the filtration system, but I think all went well.

There was a little spillage but overall I believe everything went well.

Now I've got the keg sitting in the fridge at 60 PSI.

He he, just kidding. It's at 15 PSI and will hopefully gain some decent carbonation in 5 days or so.

I'll try to post pictures of the final product. :D
What's the temp? 15 PSI seems a little high to me, but then again if you are at around 45 degrees it'd be OK...a little warm for my tastes but to each their own, right?

bikebryan said:
What's the temp? 15 PSI seems a little high to me, but then again if you are at around 45 degrees it'd be OK...a little warm for my tastes but to each their own, right?

Well, it's around 36 or so. What PSI would you recommend at that temp? First time kegging, so 10 to 15 seems all the same to me b/c I haven't experimented with it yet.

cowain said:
Well, it's around 36 or so. What PSI would you recommend at that temp? First time kegging, so 10 to 15 seems all the same to me b/c I haven't experimented with it yet.
Most ales are carbonated with about 2.5 volumes of CO2. According to the charts, to get 2.5 volumes of CO2 at 36 degrees, you need to set your pressure between 10 and 11 PSI.

excellent. I have now found another thread that had a link to the chart and have adjusted the PSI to 10. I also sampled and realized that after 1 day @ 15, it has about 0 CO2.

Decent flavor though. I'm going to be very interested to see what this one tastes like when it's ready.

That's the joy of homebrew. You have emptied out your keg and refilled it with the new batch. Then you have got to wait another ~14 days before you can sample your product. I would like it if you can post pictures of your setup. Mine is low budget but yours comes across as being something that might actually look impressive.

Turricaine said:
That's the joy of homebrew. You have emptied out your keg and refilled it with the new batch. Then you have got to wait another ~14 days before you can sample your product. I would like it if you can post pictures of your setup. Mine is low budget but yours comes across as being something that might actually look impressive.
There's no way you'll need 14 days to carbonate a cornie. 7 days is more than enough time!

Back