Just got a box from morebeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonNative

Reaction score
I'd like to say, I'm very happy with their quality. It came with everything well packaged, and quite fast. Not to mention the stuff I ordered had free shipping. I'd definitely order from them again. That may be pretty soon the way this hobby "addiction" has taken hold haha! I'm not sure if morebeer has a representative here, but thanks guys.

Quick overview of what I ordered...
- 22 lbs American pale malt (2 row)
- 1 lbs Flaked Barley
- 1 lbs Carapils
- 1 lbs Black Roasted Barley
- 1 lbs Chocolate malt
- 1 lbs Crystal 15 L
- 2 lbs Vienna
- 2 oz Kent Goldings (pellets)
- 2 oz Cascade (pellets)
- 2 oz Liberty (pellets)
- 1 Vial White Labs Yeast (Irish Ale)
- 1 Pack Safale US-05 Yeast

beersupplies8-18-08001Small.jpg

beersupplies8-18-08002Small.jpg

beersupplies8-18-08003Small.jpg

Thanks a lot guys for getting me hooked! :mad: Haha just kidding I love ya guys for it. Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm very excited to start my all grain journey. I have a few delicious looking recipes coming up soon. Looks like I better make a trip to the home brew store and pick up an extra carboy... or two..

I love morebeer.com. They're fast, friendly, and they pretty much always ship my order an an hour or two after I place it. Now that's service!

I will give B3 credit when it comes to ingredients. Fast, great quality, great packaging, and great selection.

However when it comes to equipment I shop other places. Nothing is ever in stock there.

I love morebeer.com. They're fast, friendly, and they pretty much always ship my order an an hour or two after I place it. Now that's service!

+1 on the great prices and quick, cheap (or often free!) shipping. I've actually received orders the very next day after placing them! I've never had a missing or incorrect item, something I can't say for any other mail-order place I've used. (To be fair, all problems have been immediately rectified by the other places.)

My only beef with MoreBeer is that they seem to have trouble maintaining inventory. Often I try to place an order, but half the stuff I want is unavailable so I end up going with Northern or AHS.

I've only ever purchased equipment from them, never ingredients. I've never had an item backordered and all my orders were received within 48 hours of placing them online. I have nothing but good things to say about More Beer.

My only beef with MoreBeer is that they seem to have trouble maintaining inventory. Often I try to place an order, but half the stuff I want is unavailable so I end up going with Northern or AHS.

Yes, that's true. I'm pretty new to brewing and hence new to morebeer, and I hope that in the future they have more than 33 percent of their usual hop inventory! (Yeah, I know...the shortage...but still....)

Ah, another Louisvillian. Howdy! :)

I've never ordered from them; I've pretty much decided to stick with AHS. (I also find that Liquor Barn, specifically the one on Hurstbourne, has a decent selection and prices. The homebrew shop on Westport Rd. is really good too, if higher-priced. But the older German woman who runs the shop is great.)

I love morebeer.com. I just placed an order with them today, in fact. All ingredients this time. Aleady have my shipping confirmation, and I will probably receive it tomorrow or the next day.

It's good to hear that others have had good success with MB. This was my first time ordering beer supplies online. I do agree that they had a lot of stuff unavailable. I had to make a few hop substitues, because they didn't have quite a few varieties available. Other than that, I was very happy with their service.

Ah, another Louisvillian. Howdy! :)

I've never ordered from them; I've pretty much decided to stick with AHS. (I also find that Liquor Barn, specifically the one on Hurstbourne, has a decent selection and prices. The homebrew shop on Westport Rd. is really good too, if higher-priced. But the older German woman who runs the shop is great.)

Good to see another Louisvillian here! I just moved here to Kentucky about 1-1.5 years ago. I have never been to that homebrew shop on Westport Rd, but I'll check it out for sure! Thanks for the recommendations my friend! :mug:

I love the Liquor Barn, its one of the few places that I have found around here that sells lots of beer variety. I'm really bad with directions, is the one on Hurstbourne the one right next to Sams club?

I've lived here for about 8 years. Originally from Daytona Beach.

The shop on Westport is in the Kroger plaza on the corner of Hurstbourne and Westport...between Kroger and the DMV. She has tons of different varieties of grain and a pretty good selection of White Labs yeast.

I was talking about the Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne between I-64 and Taylorsville Rd. Across from the Wal-Mart plaza and the car dealerships. But I'll revise my earlier statement a little, now that I think about it: The Hurstbourne location usually has more hops in stock than the rest, but the one in the Target plaza, across from Meijer, near I-265 and Westport Rd., has the best selection of grains and dry extract.

Speaking of Liquor Barn... if you're into IPAs, try the Sheltowee Hop-A-Lot. It's brewed by BBC for Liquor Barn. $6.99 a six-pack, and I like it 99% as well as Bell's Two-Hearted, which is my all-time favorite. Great stuff. And 8% abv to boot. :drunk:

[Edit: Oh, and coincidentally, I was just at the LB next to Sam's yesterday, which is where I found the Sheltowee. :)]

Back