Just finnished my first Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxSpyderBrew

Reaction score
I just finished my fist wart! and now its in the fermentation Bucket

I Brewed The Brewers Best Steam Style Beer Kit

Just a few Questions......

After I siphoned the Mash into the fermentation bucket which was about 2 gallons i started adding Bottled Drinking water by the gallon.... i filled it just past the 5 gallon mark and put in the Hydrometer. The kit says it is was suppose to be at 1.050-1.055, but when i looked at it is read... 1.040-1.045ish (lots of bubbles blocked the View)

Checked the Temp like 5 times.... it read.. 68*F

That shure seams like a big difference from what the kit said. What did i do wrong?

You didn't mix the wort and the top off water enough. The wort being heavier than water sinks to the bottom so your reading is mostly water. Happens all the time.

Welcome to HBT and congratulations on your first brew!

Do everyone on this site a favor, and leave it in the fermenter 3-4 weeks. No one wants to see another "I bottled it after 4 days in the primary" thread. trust me, they know what they're talking about...I WAS that guy. DO NOT BE IMPATIENT! I've wasted a lot of time and money because i either: Didn't leave the beer in the primary or secondary long enough or, because I drank them when they weren't in the bottle long enough.
Primary 3-4 weeks then bottle 3 weeks at LEAST!!! (2 months is better IMO) or primary 1 week then secondary 2 weeks then bottle 3 weeks.
This is what made a HUGE difference for me

I was planning to swap to the 2nd Fermenter around 7 days prob next Sat.... that will be my only day off... ive spent too much money on setting up this beer for waisting it...... i plan on NOT being another one of the Noobs.... if i can help it ...

I think i am covered i have the "Homebrewing for Dummies" book..... LOL:D

I think i am covered i have the "Homebrewing for Dummies" book..... LOL:D

oddly enough I use to have that book.. It has a bunch of good material in it.

Congrats on the brew!!!
and may I welcome you sir to the land of the free the proud and the druck:drunk:
(you'll get it someday hang around we have a great time here)

YES I am druck:drunk:

not really!!!!!:mug:
cheers
JJ

Back