Just finished my first corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad26

Reaction score
And I don't know if anyone else had this happen to them, but the last of the keg, about a pint or so, was thick and smelled like trub. Is this normal? I thought the first glass or so out of the corny keg was supposed to be all the trub.

Yeah it should be the opposite, Unless you did something like throw in a handful of hops in the keg when you primed it?

In theory they might float around on the water/beer level and wouldnt be pushed up the tap untill the last pint or 2.

Sometimes the end is 'chunky'. With just a pint left in the keg, sometimes the dip tube slurps up the trub like a straw slurrping up the last of a milkshake. Normal stuff.....

Sometimes the end is 'chunky'. With just a pint left in the keg, sometimes the dip tube slurps up the trub like a straw slurrping up the last of a milkshake. Normal stuff.....

+1 on this. The end of all my kegs are like that, but I prime in the keg as well, which supposedly leaves more sediment.

It happened to me last time... I don't think me picking up the keg towards the end to see how light/heavy it felt helped. That's what I blamed it on...

Back