Just finished in the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLostBeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So just finished, not to bad but turned out better then I thought. FG was 1.039 but the target was 1.020. Is that far off really??

image-513788835.jpg

If that beer was to be bottled, there might have been an issue, but you got a relatively sweet beer right?

Was to the keg and first glass out of it, it's is a bit sweet but not overpowering. The only thing I think it's missing is the vanilla portion, suppose to be coffee vanilla imperial stout, but the coffee is there but don't really notice the vanilla.

I messed up on brew day I forgot to do any readings cause of the disaster that it was, but got a final reading. And was by a refractometer

I agree that your reading was probably off. 1.039 could be an OG. Try your hydrometer and see what you get. you'll have to decarb the sample first.

I messed up on brew day I forgot to do any readings cause of the disaster that it was, but got a final reading. And was by a refractometer

Refractometers are notoriously inaccurate after fermentation (even with the correction charts) because the presence of alcohol screws up the reading. Take a hydrometer reading and get back to us.

FreddyMar3 said:
I agree that your reading was probably off. 1.039 could be an OG. Try your hydrometer and see what you get. you'll have to decarb the sample first.

The OG should if been 1.100, with a FG of 1..020. Going to pull a hydrometer tomorrow

Latest posts

Back