Just dropping by to say hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
Hey guys, dang it's been a few moons since I've been on here or been able to brew. I miss it more than anything. After getting married several years back, my free time and money (was there ever such thing as free time and money?) took a nose dive. My two step children have several chronic illness which require multiple trips to the doctors, hospitals and infusion center. My wife does not work to stay and care for the kids so that leaves me doing what I do......Clock in and work, tend to the outdoor chores and save for medical trips three states up.

Several of my coworkers have been hounding me to get back into brewing. Even the wife has encouraged it, but I keep coming up with reasons not to. I still have all of my equipment, kegs, coolers, 20 carboys and tons of filthy, dirty beer lines that I never got around to cleaning. So I dunno, perhaps I'll bite the bullet and buy me some more tubing and get to scrubbing the old kegs out, some of which still have 3 year old beer in them that was never tapped. I just got busy with the family and lost interest when I could not give it my full attention that it so deserved.

Never the less, just wanted to pop in to say hello. Maybe soon I'll fire up the burners. Would it be wrong to pay the kids to wash my brew equipment? lol

Good seeing the forum is still here.

Kenny

You sir made family your priority, I raise my glass to you for that and your step children's health.

Beer and HBT are always here as needed, but please try the 3 year old beers before tossing. It may be the best beer ever....or vinegar....they may be vinegar. In that case I recommend a good fish and chip recipe.

We have a upcoming medical trip to Cincinnati in a few weeks, but I believe when I get back and things settle down for a few weeks that I'm gonna try to do one batch. My wife commandeered my fermenter/freezer to turn back into...well a freezer, but I still have my basement to let them ferment. Right about now, when the weather is 90+ outside I miss pulling the handle on the keg after mowing 10 acres each week. There was something rewarding after a days work to enjoy a ice cold draft while pulling the lever on the recliner........Now my wife asks me if I can gather the laundry, pull the trash and peel the taters. Married life....It's a love/hate relationship. lol

I hope you can find the time to pull away and brew a batch. I know how life gets in the way of things, but still, everyone needs a diversion. Nothing like a good brew day to feed the soul.

Latest posts

Back