Just cracked open my first home brew bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspain3

Reaction score
After 5 weeks fermenting and 2 weeks in the bottle, I couldn't wait to pop open my first one. It's a Double IPA from Brewer's Best. I think it's nicely carbonated but still green (which I was expecting). I just couldn't wait to try it. This ones only been in the fridge for 24 hours. I know they'll get better as they age.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413161673.118558.jpg

Edit: Big thanks for this forum and all the help, advice and inspiration the members have provided. I've been on the sidelines spectating for three years and finally got in the (home brew) game.

Nice job! We tried our very first homebrew on Saturday. The old homebrewing adage rings true: patience is key, and sure enough our beer was delicious. I bet yours is too, it looks great. Congrats! Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Enjoy, i my self have two cervesas two bavarians and two jalepeno(might be trash) to pop open tonight rest of all three batches leaving to carb another week

Had two more last night (48 hrs) and one tonight (72 hrs) and it's really cool to see the aging progression even over a short time frame. Tonight's is definitely less "green" tasting and noticeably smoother already. Each glass seems to improve as I drink it. Though, to be fair, it's 8.25% ABV so by the end of a glass I'm in a really good place.

Its a great feeling to drink a beer you brewed yourself. Even better is when you share it with people and they like it.

I brewed my first batch 2 years ago, and just brewed batch #24 last weekend.

You waited a whole day for it in the fridge? I'm pretty sure I toss my first in the freezer with a wet towel around it and pounded it 20 minutes later! Way to go!

Latest posts

Back