Just bought 6pk of miller lite...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerenstein

Reaction score
Just cracked the first BMC product I've had in months. .. this is some expensive a** carbonated water!

I did need to do this, though, because it gives me perspective as to how much better my beers and the limited selection of "craft" beers I have access to are than this... water...

I can't believe that I used to drink miller lite because I liked the "flavor " better than bud lite, Busch lite, and Coors lite...

Wow. I believe that my taste buds may have evolved or something over the last several months.

Any thoughts from others on this subject?

I can't believe that I used to drink miller lite because I liked the "flavor " better than bud lite, Busch lite, and Coors lite...

Well I would agree with this statement. It is among the best of the swill.

When I drank those types it was mostly because I didn't want to pay for/couldn't afford a good beer. Haven't bought one for years, drank a few when offered, but not really enjoyed.

On another note. It seems that I prefer my homebrews to most commercial craft brews that I get. Though I buy at the lower end of the $$ range.

I am not sure I would intentionally put myself through drinking any "Light" beer even for comparison.

I'll never turn down free beer. And if the beer is free, you don't ***** about it. Now, I still enjoy drinking BMC, although not as much as my home brew. BMC has its place and I will exercise my rights to utilize them as necessary.

I, too, prefer my homebrew, kh. I just need to get a good pipeline going, lol.

Whoo, I don't really like ipa's, but I'd definitely prefer one to this! It doesn't please the palate, taste is slightly reminiscent of corroded lead (Billy klub lol), and I'm on the 4th one with no warm happy feeling whatsoever. ..

I'll never turn down free beer. And if the beer is free, you don't ***** about it. Now, I still enjoy drinking BMC, although not as much as my home brew. BMC has its place and I will exercise my rights to utilize them as necessary.

Well if it's free, that's a different story, lol. I haven't been able to drink on someone else's bill very often, so I don't think about that. ..

I typically drink BMC if at a sporting event or at the track in May... When its hot out and I plan on drinking for 7 hours, I need something that will still allow me to function.

Though this year I plan on making my Cream Ale and taking getting it into the track via howlers...We will see how this turns out :cross:

Hah! A free beer is a good beer! I need to go out and buy a 40 of Bud or something so I can use it for testing purposes (hop tea, & powdered oak). The one nice thing about the light stuff is that the flavors don't get in the way. :cross:

I typically drink BMC if at a sporting event or at the track in May... When its hot out and I plan on drinking for 7 hours, I need something that will still allow me to function.

Though this year I plan on making my Cream Ale and taking getting it into the track via howlers...We will see how this turns out :cross:

Howlers??? I apologize, but I am an ignorant S.O.B. ... larger version of a growler?

Hah! A free beer is a good beer! I need to go out and buy a 40 of Bud or something so I can use it for testing purposes (hop tea, & powdered oak). The one nice thing about the light stuff is that the flavors don't get in the way. :cross:

If someone offers a beer, no matter the brand, it is rude to refuse, unless during work hours.

I have and will turn down free BMC/BMC Light. I have also turned down free Shock Top and Blue Moon. free doesn't always mean good. I could drink a quart of sour milk and take some laxatives, spray liquid butt into a jar, and hand that out for free. doesn't mean it's good. I will not accept beer I don't like. I may be a beer snob. I will not accept a jars of liquid poop. I may be a poop snob.

I have and will turn down free BMC/BMC Light. I have also turned down free Shock Top and Blue Moon. free doesn't always mean good. I could drink a quart of sour milk and take some laxatives, spray liquid butt into a jar, and hand that out for free. doesn't mean it's good. I will not accept beer I don't like. I may be a beer snob. I will not accept a jars of liquid poop. I may be a poop snob.

A very good point indeed.

I have and will turn down free BMC/BMC Light. I have also turned down free Shock Top and Blue Moon. free doesn't always mean good. I could drink a quart of sour milk and take some laxatives, spray liquid butt, and hand that out for free. doesn't mean it's good. I will not accept beer I don't like. I may be a beer snob. I will not accept a jars of liquid poop. I may be a poop snob.

I could drink a quart of sour milk and take some laxatives, spray liquid butt into a jar,

you speak from experience?

but bmc brainwashed people would not drink that unless you added vodka and called it Busch lite...

I had a Budweiser once. Swore I'd never again! It was bad! Forward a couple years and I'm at a friends house. He asks if I want a beer. Knowing his taste for craft I said sure. He handed me a Bud Light! Imagine the sorrow that ran thru me expecting a Sierra Nevada, or Magic Hat and getting this! However not to be impolite I cracked the can and gave it a go. To my surprise it was better than the Budweiser, but only because it was flavorless! I guess no taste is better than tasting bad?

I had a Budweiser once. Swore I'd never again! It was bad! Forward a couple years and I'm at a friends house. He asks if I want a beer. Knowing his taste for craft I said sure. He handed me a Bud Light! Imagine the sorrow that ran thru me expecting a Sierra Nevada, or Magic Hat and getting this! However not to be impolite I cracked the can and gave it a go. To my surprise it was better than the Budweiser, but only because it was flavorless! I guess no taste is better than tasting bad?

the things I have done for comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the lake in the summer, Mich golden light and Miller lite are the choices..shrug...par for the course :) I will never turn down a cold beer when offered...I will however have a homebrew when we get back to our cabin. :mug:

The only time I consume BMC products is during a golf outing to try to stay sober. Mostly I fall back on a contraband flask for my back nine Mojo. BMC=Barely Mindless Cheerlessness.

Got through the 6th one, and still didn't feel any warmth, so I cracked open one of my few remaining porters. Loving the homebrew. :)

It's a 32oz plastic growler, but people round' here refer to them as howlers... Not sure if it's a local thing or not

Aah. Well, the nearest place to buy a growler around here is an hours drive, so I imagine I'm actually just ignorant to lots of terms...

Howlers??? I apologize, but I am an ignorant S.O.B. ... larger version of a growler?

I thought is was Hoosier growler.

I drank Jaegermeister for a while before I had a beer I found palatable. Killians if I recall haha.

Also I've heard the 32oz referred to as howlers here in Florida, because 64 oz Growlers are illegal, and the howlers make us cry.

My old standby was/is Miller Lite if I had to choose among the Big 3. Hey, for what it is, it honestly does no wrong, and IMHO has the most taste and flavor of the BMC spectrum. I agree with an earlier post - if it's free, especially, you really have no basis for whining. :) I guess I still have a bit of a soft spot for it simply because I drank a ton of it before getting into the craft beer realm I think part of it is because I live in a college town, and Miller Lite is a staple at many a tailgate around the many parking lots around the stadium. That's the route I used to go for tailgating, though I bought the Sam Adams Fall Harvest Collection for a few games this year and it was perfect!

My palate has changed considerably in the past 10+ years when I was drinking Miller Lite, compare that to what's in my fridge and basement at the moment: Founders Breakfast Stout, Southern Tier Warlock and Pumking, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Bell's Special Double Cream Stout, Kulmbacher Eisbock...

There's a time and a place for every beer, including Miller Lite :)

Just cracked the first BMC product I've had in months. .. this is some expensive a** carbonated water!

I did need to do this, though, because it gives me perspective as to how much better my beers and the limited selection of "craft" beers I have access to are than this... water...

Wow. I believe that my taste buds may have evolved or something over the last several months.

Sure, I'll occasionally have a Coors or Miller...
Well, you have to stay hydrated somehow!

I still love a good cold bottle of Labbat's Blue. It doesn't make me a bad guy. Really.

The truth is that BMC beers aren't really as bad as most on here will make them out to be. I have had several craft beers that I would have gladly swapped in for a Macro brewed beer that I could actually finish. Just because someone appreciates the complexity and the finer points of craft and home brews doesn't mean that they can't enjoy a Macro brew as well. :tank: There is a time and place for every beer, and at least one fan of every beer.

Hell, I even drink a glass of water now and again!

:mug:

I can't remember the last time I had Miller Lite. Maybe 8 years ago? I haven't had a PBR or Bud/Bud Light in that long either. Haven't had a Coors, Busch, Keystone, Milwaukee's Worst, Natty in over 15 years. The closet I've come to that swill was a Kokanee about 2 months ago. Yes I am a snob. And proud of it. :mug:

I used to drink bud and rolling rock, switched to bud light when I gained some weight, but haven't touched the stuff in years and prefer homebrew over most commercial brews.
I may be wrong, but the last time I had a bud it seems like it tasted more blah than I remember. The bud from my HS/College days (late 70's) seemed like it had more flavor. I'd drink a free bud if I was thirsty, but would turn down many others including some so called "craft beers".
Drinking now: Homebrew Rye Kolsch fermented with SF lager yeast.

I've never drunk a B, M or C lager. They are expensive imports in the UK. I have drunk Tesco (supermarket) value lager (2.2% ABV).

It's a matter of preference. BMC beers are very well made, it's just that they tend to be bland in comparison to anything homemade. In fact, most homebrewers couldn't make a BMC if they tried. Then again, why would they?

Latest posts

Back