Just Bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustang64

Reaction score
I just finished bottling one of my 3 cider batches (see my earlier posts) that I more or less experimented with in secondary. had a taste of it and it was really good so i thought i should share what i did. I used a relatively standard setup for primary using the lalvin D47 yeast as mentioned in earlier posts. ABV was 6% when i transferred to sec. however, once in secondary I restarted fermentation by adding 4cups sugar boiled in some water with about a quarter-pound of darjeeling tea and and about an eighth-pound mulling spices. i added the whole mix into the carboy, tea and all and let that referment and sit for another 3 or 4 weeks.

Just thought I would share that as it tasted great... We'll see how it goes after a couple weeks in the bottles.

So i just got back into town and cracked open my first bottle of the spiced tea cider. It had an interesting flavor with the tea and spices coming through in a subtle but noticeable way. I will have to break into my regular cider tomorrow for a little comparison.

Back