Just another Texas home brewer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1rGr1nG0

Reaction score
Hey guys how we doing!
Years ago I bought the Mr. Beer kit like so many of us here seem to have done. I made a batch with the stuff that came in the kit and I thought it was ok. For some reason I didn't make anything else after that. I still had an interest in home brewing but just never quite got around to it.
This past weekend I broke out the kit again and the refill pack that I had contained a booster that was rock hard, so I tossed it.
I jumped online and discovered there was a LHBS just a few minutes from my house. BIG mistake! :)
Drove to the shop and $170 later we were driving home with a brand new "real" home brew kit. Fired up the stove and brewed up my first batch. A citrusy summer ale recipe my wife picked. I figure I would let her pick something she would enjoy so when it came time for my stouts she couldn't complain!

I live on the West side of Houston so if anyone in the general area hit me up. I have A LOT to learn about home brewing.

Welcome from Northeast Houston! I've been by a shop off of fry rd. and found the guys inside to be pretty cool and helpful. There are a few homebrewing clubs in houston and the one that meets in Katy is pretty large. You could learn a lot just from going to a meeting or two. I just lurk this forum day and night personally lol. Have fun and brew on!

Back