Just a kid in Texas brewing some beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomOliver

Reaction score
Hello HBT,

Haha, not a "kid" persay but I am 21. My dad did a few batches of homebrew when I was 19 and I immediately took to the craft. I've worked as a barista for a few different independent coffee shops throughout college and now that I'm 21, I'm approaching beer the same way as coffee. There are actually quite a few overlaps in the worlds of coffee and beer in that you can tell the origin of the beverage from the notes in flavor and mouthfeel alone. In coffee, it's in the actual bean and so far in beer I'm noticing the differences in hop character from different parts of the world. I'm definitely a fan of IPA's and other big beers. Tomorrow I'm brewing a 5 gallon extract batch of a Black IPA! (Or CDA if you feel so inclined.)

Anyway, that's all for now and I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can around here for a long time to come!

Tom

you're in a good area if you have questions, there's a lot of damn good brewers in this area, and i might be able to get you in touch with a few :)

Back