Juniper pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethmutt

Reaction score
Wanting to make a Juniper Pale Ale. Not sure how many berries to use. Everything I've read says 1 ounce or less.

Approximately how many dried berries are in an ounce? Not trusting my scale at the moment. Need to get a new one.

I'll check my recipe tonight when I get home. I think 1 oz is about right. I make a vodka tincture (24 hr soak) and at it at kegging time. I'll also weigh out some - but that would be a pretty rough guide as they can vary a fair bit.

Thanks. I don't want to make five gallons of air freshener.. But everything I read gives different amount of berries, from one ounce to 300 berries..

I used an oz of crushed berries once. I treated them like "flavor" hops and added them about 15 min before turning the heat off of the wort. So far it was the best beer I ever brewed and the best I ever drank!

I used an oz of crushed berries once. I treated them like "flavor" hops and added them about 15 min before turning the heat off of the wort. So far it was the best beer I ever brewed and the best I ever drank!

What was the basic recipe? (roughly)

H.W.

Latest posts

Back