Jumped to AG today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnoob1

Reaction score
Been brewing extract for a while now and decided I wanted to try AG. I like extract for the quickness and simplicity, but needed AG to have the full spectrum. Completed my mash tun this morning and got to it. My wife broke my hydrometer so I didn't get an initial gravity reading to see my efficiency, but went with it anyways. Overall, great experience. I'm looking forward to the final product. It was a blue moon AG clone, so we'll see. I changed up the seasonings and did some things differently than the recipe called for...so we'll see. I'll report back with pictures of the final brew and recipe if it turns out well in about a month! Woohoo for AG!

It was a blue moon AG clone, so we'll see. I changed up the seasonings and did some things differently than the recipe called for...so we'll see.

Congratulations! That is my favorite part of all grain brewing, making small changes and finding out how they effect the final product. Don't forget those pics! When's the next brew session?? :ban:

Thanks! I'm planning to brew again in a few weeks! Can't wait. The blue moon is bubbling away so it must have worked. It smells amazing though. Super excited

Nice - Foghats on making the leap - it's an absolute blast, huh?

I've found it to be really rewarding and challenging in a fun way (I'm on AG #7 and still dialing in my equipment.)

Next brew, I'll have all of my equipment so I can check efficiency and gravity. I just had fun with the process yesterday. Hope it turns out well. I'm excited to taste the difference ad I made the extract version of the blue moon about a month ago

Back