Jump in kegerator prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmr9

Reaction score
Alas! I’ve read about the supply chain crunch and always thought “huh...well that doesn’t sound great” but haven’t been really affected...until now. I’ve had my eye on the komos V2 2-tap kegerator for a while and finally have the space to get one. Put it in my cart on morebeer earlier this week...come back today and find the price went from $749 to $849 just like that...wow! Now I have to do research to see if that’s still the best option at that price. Bummer.

One of the reasons I like morebeer is their free ship over $59 - which the kegerator qualifies for! Maybe I’ll wait a few months and see if prices moderate. In the grand scheme of things it’s small potatoes compared to what others have dealt with but still! Guess I’ll be sticking to my beer engine rigged mini fridge for a bit.

aw man..that sucks. I've been squatting on the idea of buying a second one, fridge only to use as a FC. Bound to be WAAAAY more efficient than my current FC.

Or maybe they raised prices....so when Black Friday comes around and they drop prices back down it will seem like a super good deal?? (Wishful thinking...but one can hope)

Fingers crossed! Their customer service mentioned rising aluminum costs as a potential cause so who knows. He mentioned that they often run holiday sales so you may be onto something Knightshade!

Amazon has some 2 tap kegerators LESS than the more beer price (above) and some at a higher price, so its probably a good idea to compare what you are paying for.

Yeah, I have a feeling we’ll be looking at higher prices for a bit. Thanks Knightshade, I’ll check into those as well!

Its a perfect storm of:
1) an oil pipeline that was shut down here causing gas prices to rise. When the price of gas goes up, the price of everything you buy goes up.
2) Higher taxes. Its fun to say “tax the rich”, but the rich own all the businesses. So when you tax the rich they raise prices and pass it on to you.
3) a nationwide labor shortage caused by our govt paying people more to sit home and not work than they could make by working a 40 hour week.
4) increased aluminum prices which is being blamed on more beer companies and all the seltzer companies canning. Its affecting a bunch of things. We’ve even been having problems finding canned cat food.

Wonder whats coming next?

Its a perfect storm of:
1) an oil pipeline that was shut down here causing gas prices to rise. When the price of gas goes up, the price of everything you buy goes up.
2) Higher taxes. Its fun to say “tax the rich”, but the rich own all the businesses. So when you tax the rich they raise prices and pass it on to you.
3) a nationwide labor shortage caused by our govt paying people more to sit home and not work than they could make by working a 40 hour week.
4) increased aluminum prices which is being blamed on more beer companies and all the seltzer companies canning. Its affecting a bunch of things. We’ve even been having problems finding canned cat food.

Wonder whats coming next?
You're missing the largest factors, as most of the kegerators are made offshore and shipped here. Shipping prices have gone through the roof and are the biggest cause of price hikes. One of our local hbs was showing his shipping costs and it now costs him $130 to get a $190 kettle in, and kegerators are bulky items….

Yeah, definitely a perfect storm right now. I hope once things get straightened out (I won’t say back to “normal” because who knows what that even means?) that the prices go back to where they were. Would suck if they decided “eh people are paying $100 more why not keep it” - and I mean that across the board not just for kegerators!

Alas! I’ve read about the supply chain crunch and always thought “huh...well that doesn’t sound great” but haven’t been really affected...until now. I’ve had my eye on the komos V2 2-tap kegerator for a while and finally have the space to get one. Put it in my cart on morebeer earlier this week...come back today and find the price went from $749 to $849 just like that...wow! Now I have to do research to see if that’s still the best option at that price. Bummer.
Keg Factory has the Komos V2 kegerators. Their prices look the same as MoreBeer and offer free shipping too. They appear to be in stock but who really knows until it comes time to order one. Last December I ordered a V2 from MoreBeer. It was backordered for two weeks but I decided to wait. Then the kegerator unit was in stock but not the tap tower, and for some reason they couldn't ship them separate. After waiting four months of phone calls to them and many emails I canceled my order. They did refund my money promptly. Their customer service sucks, everyone was nice to talk to, but zero flexibility with my order.

Keg Factory has the Komos V2 kegerators. Their prices look the same as MoreBeer and offer free shipping too. They appear to be in stock but who really knows until it comes time to order one. Last December I ordered a V2 from MoreBeer. It was backordered for two weeks but I decided to wait. Then the kegerator unit was in stock but not the tap tower, and for some reason they couldn't ship them separate. After waiting four months of phone calls to them and many emails I canceled my order. They did refund my money promptly. Their customer service sucks, everyone was nice to talk to, but zero flexibility with my order.
I’ve been really lucky with customer service with morebeer...granted the only issue I’ve dealt with was them running out of the yeast strain I ordered and having to sub it for an equivalent. I really like my lhbs - Maryland homebrew. They’ve got great customer service and are awesome, just don’t have the wide selection of morebeer. If they did I’d go with them every time.

I’ll be really sad if there’s a huge price spike in imported malts and hops...hopefully I haven’t spoken it into existence!

Life for the last 18 months has been all screwed up with the plague so I can understand a lot of the issues. Hopefully by next summer things might get back to something resembling normal. Mail order is real tricky and so far I've been lucky buying from a local brew supply too. I can brew my beers from what they have in stock until this madness settles down. As far as dealing with MoreBeer again, time will tell, I do like the V2 kegerator and would love to have one. My old Kenmore will do for now.

Morebeer has the komos kegerators “on sale” back to what their original prices were in case anyone is interested

The construction projects I’ve been managing have had all kinds of supply chain problems and outbreak delays. The latest issues are precast concrete & pumps.

I work next door to the Port of Seattle and shipping in and out has been a mess since June last year. At first it was too many containers going out and not enough coming in. Now it’s just getting ships in and unloaded. Container ships are being staged all over Puget Sound & the Salish Sea waiting to get unloaded.

The supply chain problems haven’t hit me (personally) too hard until today when I saw that the cost of 2x4s in stock at my closest Home Depot are about half the cost as my closest Lowes. The Lowes is sold out of Douglas fir. I’m glad I priced them out with the apps before driving there to buy materials for my keezer build.

Last edited:
Yeah they were in stock when I ordered. It’s on its way to me via FedEx at the moment.

Just arrived yesterday afternoon. Took about a week to go from california to Maryland so I’d say not bad. Small gouge in the box and I felt around to see if it had any obvious damage but didn’t think so. I’ll unbox it this evening so I’ll know for sure then.

Back