Joining the kegging ranks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Well I went all out and purchased everyting for a 4 keg setup.

Went all stainless for everything (Ventmatic faucets with SS shanks)

4 rebuilt corneys

6-way CO2 distributor

1/4" MFL connectors everywhere.

Used standup fridge that will hold 6 corneys in it.

Used 20lb CO2 tank

Everything cost $650, which is a lot. But I know I will be more than satisfied and not need to upgrade anything.

I am in beer heaven now.

A few questions?

1) Would I benefit at all from a Johnson Controls themostat with a fridge? Or can I assume I can dial in the temp good enough with the stock temp gauge in the fridge?

2) Do tap faucets pull forward or backward when you open her up? Trying to find a way to prevent my 3 year old from draining by kegs without having to buy $30-$40 locks per tap.

3) Cleaning the beer lines and faucets. Do I really need one of those $60 kits online or just carbonate a corneyfilled with star san and push through the lines and out each tap?

Thanks all. I will certainly post pics as I go.

Gregg

ghart999 said:
Well I went all out and purchased everyting for a 4 keg setup.

Went all stainless for everything (Ventmatic faucets with SS shanks)

4 rebuilt corneys

6-way CO2 distributor

1/4" MFL connectors everywhere.

Used standup fridge that will hold 6 corneys in it.

Used 20lb CO2 tank

Everything cost $650, which is a lot. But I know I will be more than satisfied and not need to upgrade anything.

I am in beer heaven now.

A few questions?

1) Would I benefit at all from a Johnson Controls themostat with a fridge? Or can I assume I can dial in the temp good enough with the stock temp gauge in the fridge?

2) Do tap faucets pull forward or backward when you open her up? Trying to find a way to prevent my 3 year old from draining by kegs without having to buy $30-$40 locks per tap.

3) Cleaning the beer lines and faucets. Do I really need one of those $60 kits online or just carbonate a corneyfilled with star san and push through the lines and out each tap?

Thanks all. I will certainly post pics as I go.

Gregg

Congrats on making the move to kegging! You won't be disappointed.

1) I use the dial on my Sanyo and it works just fine.
2) They pull forward to open.
3) I run sanitized water through the lines, followed by tap water and haven't had any problems.

Back