john guest size for 1/4id braided vinyl tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
stats claim it to be 7/16 OD. but stupid lowes/HD only have push connects in more "standard" sizes like 1/4, 3/8, 1/2. if this was regular vinyl i'd cram it into the next smaller size, but since its thicker walled and braided i'm guessing you'd have to go up to 1/2? but then you've got some play there and i'd worry it wont get an airtight fit. do NOT want co2 /air leaks in this application.

anybody used this tubing with john guest or push connects successfully?

I don't think vinyl tubing and push fit are compatible. You'd need a push fit stem with a hose barb.

Something like this:
Stem-to-Hose-Connector.jpg

Vinyl will work. Its just that this particular tubing is an odd od size.

I thought about the stems but nobody that im aware of has them locally. Ill have to just use hose barbs. Was hoping for push connection so I could disassemble quickly.

Yeah, you won't find many if any stems in big box stores, and certainly never the one you want ;)
fwiw, I got most of my ptcs through freshwatersystems.com. They carry a lot of ptc lines and a plethora of types for each...

Cheers!

Yeah. Used them before. Just bummed that as convenient as JG stuff is if you go outside of what’s readily available you’re screwed. I don’t really want to sit on a bag of 25 or 50 stems when i so rarely use them. But i also balk at paying 9 bucks to ship $2 worth of parts.
Youd think somewhere local thered be a place that stocks the whole assortment but ive never found it.

Back