jockey box question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teambarber

Reaction score
hey guys, I received a jockey box from a friend of mine a while ago and I've been using it for various occasions. I've replaced the hoses and etc., and what I've noticed is when I'm using it for regular beer(Coors,Bud) the draft pours with a good head. When i'm using it for my homebrew, the draft pours flat. I'm using 3/16 hose. It's using a coldplate system. I usually set the Reg to about 12-15psi I'm not a expert with these things so any ideas or suggestions would be great:confused:

the kegs are in my basement, about 50-60F respectfully. when i pour from the picnic faucet hose on my corny keg the beer is fully carbed and nice head. it's only when I use the jockey box that I lose it. I carb the kegs at 30-40psi and then roll them for a while. Then I drop the psi to about 10-14 and release the excess from the keg. I let them sit for about a week or so after.

since you are carbing above kegorator temps I'd try leaving one on 30psi for a week, or shake it at 30psi for quite a while and let it settle, pour at 30psi just like you would from a commercial keg, as they would be at 30-35 PSI at room temp.

Latest posts

Back