Jockey box / kegging questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawa

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just received a jockey box win 2 taps installed in a cooler, 2 kegs, co2 tank, regulator and cold plate. I tested it puting some water in the kegs applying some pressure and didn't find leaks.

I'm gettin ready to keg a pale ale that i brewed 3 weeks ago but i'm still unsure of what to do. I'm goin to rack the beer to the keg and leave the keg at room temperature because the mini-fridge that i use for brewing i use for temp control during fermentation and it will be in use with the beer i'm planning to brew this weekend.

My question is that, taking into account that the keg will be at room temp, should i prime or force carbonate? If i should prime, with how much sugar? if i force carbonate, what psi should i use?

Mawa

If you prime, then use half of the amount for bottling a full batch. I normally use DME for bottling, so 1 1/4 cup would be 5/8 cup. If you force carbonate it will take longer at room temp., if you prime then you'll have more sediment in the keg--the choice is yours.

Back