• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jockey Box - Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SickTransitMundus

Reaction score
I have a 3-tap jockey box for sale. It's been used twice - once at my wedding and once at a Halloween party. I built it last summer. The lines are fitted for ball-lock corny kegs. It does not come with a C02 tank or gas manifold.

It's clean inside and out and does not leak. I flushed and sanitized each coil after use. My box doesn't stink. It works damn well - my wedding was outside in the South in late summer, 85 degrees and 100% humidity - this box cooled to serving temperature with every pour, all day.

Triple-tap boxes retail for over $600. This unit has about $150 worth of copper in it alone. I'd like to keep it, but a) I hardly ever use it, and b) I have a motorcycle that needs fixing. I'm asking $250 or best offer. PM me if you're interested.

finishedbox.jpg

backbox.jpg

insidebox.JPG

Hey,
I hate to ruin the sale but I'm pretty sure copper and (finished) beer is a big no-no. The acidic beer reacts with the copper producing copper sulfate, which is poisonous.

I think he's right, but the parts can be used in different applications. I might be interested in this to take it apart. Will you ship?

I'm unconvinced that copper coils are bad. Exposure to carbonated liquids produces insoluble copper carbonate, which forms a thin layer of patina on the surface that prevents further oxidation. I've been careful to flush and dry the coils after use to prevent copper sulfate formation, which would be toxic. Hundreds of people have drank beer from this box, and none have gotten sick.

At any rate, yes I would consider shipping. It's big and it's pretty heavy with all the metal, though. I estimate it's in the neighborhood of 30lb, so depending on where you are it could run anywhere from $60-100. Your call.

Latest posts

Back