Joaquin Phoenix Retires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked walk the line....over acting with the fight within one's self maybe, but they did leave out the best song Johnny ever sang....thank god.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQKYOxV_h0]YouTube - Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down[/ame]

Greatest song quote ever in the first couple of lines...."the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had another for dessert."

Joaquin Phoenix Shocks With Retirement Announcement

Good. **** that guy. he was a whiney little ***** in Gladiator and he turned Johnny Cash into a worthless druggie *****. I hope he enjoys his retirement knowing that he gave nothing to the world, not even entertainment.

(*sigh* ok...i just had to get out of the debate forum...)

i retired him from my lineup after gladiator. he was good in this flick about american soldiers in west germany who made meth. don't remember the name.

edit: it was buffalo soldiers

tbh, i'm not even sure if he's good in it, but the flick is good. a nice twisted view of the armed forces.

feck em if they can't take a joke.... ;)

i have to say, i thought joaquin was phenomenal as johnny cash. :rockin: johnny took a lot of pills. that's not joaquin's fault, nor his fault that the director chose to focus on that aspect of his life.......

no, it's just why he chose him for the part.

**** james mangold, too. (OK...3:10 to Yuma was pretty good, but it was a remake)

"3:10 To Yuma" was a huge disappointment. The ending didn't make any sense and was too cheezy. Good up to that point though.

If I want a "realistic" cowboy movie I'll watch "The Unforgiven" again. Now that movie is the dog's bollocks!:rockin:

How come I can say "bollocks" but DeathBrewer can't say "*****"? It's not like he said "****", "****", or "***** *** ****** *******"!

srsly, **** that ****.

i agree the ending was lame (****ing horse...meh), but i thought it was a great movie.

unforgiven is one of my favorite movies of all time.

edit: favorite ****ing movie of all time.

unforgiven is one of my favorite movies of all time.

edit: favorite ****ing movie of all time.

The scene where Eastwood starts taking long pulls from the bottle of whiskey is so powerful. The little whiney kid just shoots his mouth off while Eastwood drinks, and you just know at that moment that everyone is going to die. Hell yeah!:rockin:

yeah, he doesn't need to say much, although there are some awesome lines in the movie too.

here are a few pulled from good ole IMDB:

Ned Logan: I sure do miss my bed.
Will Munny: You said that last night.
Ned Logan: No, last night I said I missed my wife, tonight I just miss my goddamn bed.

Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a *****! You just shot an unarmed man!
Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

this thread has improved :p

yeah, he doesn't need to say much, although there are some awesome lines in the movie too.

Will Munny: All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

Damn, I need to rent this again!

Did they have a sister named San? You know, San, Joaquin, River? ha ha ha, Dang it another central cal joke blown. **dodges tomatoes and cabbage as he sinks slowly into the Sunset**

HAH! I guess only us central californians can laugh at that one.

Back