Jalapeno Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskerbrews27

Reaction score
I am brewing a 5 gallon batch of Pale Ale this weekend and will be splitting it in half during the kegging. I like spicy beers but my wife does not. How would I go about adding jalapenos directly to the keg? Thanks for any help!

I get a muslin bag and spray it with a little starsan then add the sliced peppers in there. Some like to weigh the bag down with marbles or whatever so just make sure you sanitize anything that touches the beer at this point.

A buddy and I have dialed in a jalapeno beer over many iterations and I would suggest doing a tincture for the peppers. It's hard to know how spicy a pepper is going to be and it's not too terribly difficult to impart vegetal flavors into beer if you're not careful with exposure times. I dice my peppers (core them if you want less spice) and toss them in a mason jar with vodka. You can either sample and scale how much to toss into secondary or just bombs away and tweak future batches.

Latest posts

Back