• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jaded Brewing Counterflow Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sredz

Reaction score
Custom made Copper Counterflow Chiller Manufactured by Jaded Brewing
Six 66" long copper tubes with 1/2" copper Interior tubes for wort flow. Silicone tube disconnects on ends for easy cleaning.
Stainless camlocks on wort and water ins.
Additional stainless elbows with camlock disconnects on wort entry ports for ease of cleaning.
Includes brush for cleaning tubes

Super efficient chiller that can be used to recirculate wort or to go direct to fermenter.

$175 shipped (U.S.) or $135 local pick up (SE Wisconsin)

IMG_20180715_230613.jpeg
MVIMG_20180715_230623~2.jpeg
MVIMG_20180715_230631~2.jpeg

The Jaded website says that this chiller is not recommended for "one pass" chilling. What's been your experience?

The Jaded website says that this chiller is not recommended for "one pass" chilling. What's been your experience?
This is not the same cyclone chiller that appears on their website. This one is about 2x larger. I have done single pass into fermenter and have been able to drop temps to 66-68 with cold water straight from tap.

Also, I'm located in Muskego, south of Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Is this still available? What do you suppose your flow rates are for your chilling water and wort to achieve 1 pass chilling?
Yep, chiller is still available. Not sure exactly flow rate. My typical process was to recirculate and whirlpool until temp dropped to about 100 or 125 then go direct to fermenter. I'd open valve about 1/2 way from pump and run water in opposite direction of wort. I have also gone direct to fermenter without whirlpooling, in that case I ran it a bit slower.

Here are some more pictures of the Camlock fittings. It has an extra set of 90 degree fittings for the wort hookup. These can then be removed for ease of cleaning with included brush.
IMG_20181023_220539.jpeg
IMG_20181023_220519.jpeg

MVIMG_20181023_220414~2.jpeg

Chilled 2 bbls to 70 in about an hour. Works awesome. Had to add clamps to the silicone hoses so my pump didn't blow them off. Man, that was a mess!
2 bbls? Holy crap that's a lot of beer! Glad it's working out. Sorry to hear about the hoses. I never had a problem with that but I had just a regular March pump.

2 bbls? Holy crap that's a lot of beer! Glad it's working out. Sorry to hear about the hoses. I never had a problem with that but I had just a regular March pump.
The chiller at the brew pub I brew at was slow as crap. This thing is going to save me a couple hours a brew session. The owner is pleased for sure!

Back