I've got a predicament

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellis0709

Reaction score
So i need a 2nd opinion. I recently made a fermenting chamber that will fit 4 carboys with a STC-1000. I have a nice old vintage kegerator that looks great in the barn but only fits 3 kegs very tightly, i would like to add a 4th. Im debating on buying a new fridge that will fit 4 but don't want to give up the vintage style. I was thinking of either using the new one for lagering and the chamber for ales. Or is it possible to keep the fridges next to each other and use the new fridge to house the kegs and the old fridge to have the taps, this way i could have 4 in new and 3 in the old. Whats everyones thoughts.

Is there a program that can figure beer line length vs. size of tubing? I think the longest line would be 6' if I kept the fridges next to each other

Pumping beer from one fridge to another just so you can have all the taps in one place sounds like a royal pain. Why not keep the old one and add another with its own taps, just to increase your serving space? Your second serving fridge can (probably) double as a lagering fridge too.

Well went with just using the new one

image-1320628768.jpg

Back