It's official

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin is the best drinking state in the country!! We are the highest binge drinking state, 6% higher than Michigan. Also we have the number one party school in the country, UW (University of Wisconsin for those people who think UW stands for U of Washington.) We have the biggest music festial in the world, Summer fest (and more drinking). And lewis black says so also,
http://www.packerpalace.com/multimedia/Lewis-Black-on-Wisconsin-Drinking.mp3
The tailgating at sporting events leads to be late or even not going to the games. Yes it's great being a cheese head.

What else would one do in Wisconsin? If you didn't have alcohol, well, I don't even want to imagine!

Just kidding. I actually spent a few years there one summer.

Sounds like a good place to drink.

Brewpastor said:
What else would one do in Wisconsin? If you didn't have alcohol, well, I don't even want to imagine!

Hey, things to do in WI off the top of my head:

Bowling and drinking
Golfing and drinking
Brewery tours and drinking
Summerfest (stages of bands everywhere) and drinking
Friday Beer Batter Fish Fry and drinking.
Trying to have 1 drink at every bar around Pewaukee lake (30+ bars)
Shoveling snow and drinking
Raking leaves and drinking
Riding the John Deere cutting the grass and drinking.
Boating on Lake Michigan (or any other lake) and drinking.
Brewing and drinking
Softball and drinking
Ride high speed snowmobiles and drinking
Fishing and drinking
Go Deer hunting and drinking but watch out for those FIBS, they can't handle their liquor.

Take away the drinking and a very boring life we'd lead. What am I forgetting boyz?

Brewpastor said:
Sounds like my kind of place. Need to add, "Go to church and drinking"

Oops - forgot that one. Funny you say that though, come football season my church used to "adjust the service hours" else the male species started getting fidgety in the seats.

Crap - I forgot:
Polish Fest, Festa Italiana, German Fest & Irish Fest drinking if you lived near Milwaukee. And of course watching the Packers and drinking.

Now I remember why I moved ;)

Brewpastor said:
You know what they say, where ever four Presbyterians are gathered there is always a fifth.
I always liked a joke my pastor told me when I was caddying for him as a kid:

3 pastors and their wives are on a trip to the beach: a Presbyterian, a Methodist, and a Baptist. The car crashes, they all die and are standing before St. Peter. The Presbyterian is first, and St Peter says:
"I'm sorry son, but I cannot let you in. You were good and devout, but you loved money so much you married a woman named Penny. I have to turn you away."
The Methodist is next: "I'm sorry son, but I cannot let you in. You were good and devout, but you lusted alcohol so much you married a woman named Brandy. I have to turn you away."
The Baptist turns to his wife and says, "It's not looking good, Fanny."

Brewpastor said:
Scotch Presbyterian, without the kilt (at least in public)

Bah-- a Scotch Presbyterian without a kilt might as well be an englishman. ; )

<---- Forgot where the church was but certainly wears the kilt in his family.

Back