It's brew day!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night it was an american wheat with peaches, and tomorrow it's going to be a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone.

:mug:

Me too!

Just got a Pilocillo Brown Fall Ale from Austin Homebrew in the fermenter. Pretty stoked, this recipe sounds awesome and it will be ready just as the cool breeze makes it's way down to sunny FL.

Ya'll have a great brew day!

My recipe started out from the clone brews version of RedHook ESB, but I decided that I didn't like the way the recipe looked (it was givin' me the stinkeye) so now it's mostly my own concoction, I'm goin' to the brewstore right now, so if they're outta something it'll change even more. I think it's still within the ESB style though.

Just finished up a GD Yetti clone I'm trying....sitting out on the porch having a beer....procrastinating from clean up. The beer is in the swamp cooler starting its thing. Hope it turns out well! Good luck to all others brewing today.

I wish I was brewing today, but I just finished kegging my pumpkin ale. Have to bottle my cherry stout this afternoon. I also have to transfer my two IPAs into secondarys for dry hopping. So I traded a brew day for a "get everything else done" day.

Tomorrow is pilsner urquel clone day followed by a mighty dark ale. After that its lagering season!

Argh, what a brew day, 2nd AG, starting mashing in at the wrong temp, realized it halfway thru dumping in the grain, tried to heat it up, too successful, ending up at 165 degrees, dumped in the second half of the grain, cooled it down to 153.
Time to sparge, now that water is too cool, blast it on the big burner .. oh crud melt the coating off the valve handle. :mad:
Halfway thru the boil, realize we didn't add the irish moss, frantically dump that in.

Ok, think we are going to allright, brew buddy dumps in the yeast and starts shaking the crud out of the carboy and it slips out of his hands !!! luckily it didn't break.

Wow all we can do is laugh. Might be the world's best beer but there is no way in hell we will be able to recreate it.

Brewing again next weekend, learning from our mistakes.

Mistakes always result in interesting results, most of the time you're sad you can't recreate the recipe.

Back