Its a Sad Day and Prost to the Crew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Im not sure if anyone else here is a fan but I just wanted to drop a line and raise a pint to Capt Phil Harris from the Cornelia Marie from Discovery Channels Deadliest Catch...It seems the Capt Phil has passed away to better seas and more stocked crabgrounds...It is a sorry day to hear this...My thoughts are with the Crew and his Boys...

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/phil-harris/

It's a sad day. Raise a glass to this guy and his crew. I've enjoyed the show since it's inception but have gotten away from it the past year. I'm not sure but didn't he have pneumonia a few years ago. Trying to remember if there was an episode that he was in where he was too sick and needed to be checked out at the hospital. Anyone remember that episode or season?

I saw this as well and I too will raise a pint in honor.

While Im not a big DC fan, I did watch it on occasion and I do remember Cap'n Harris.
My heart goes out to his family and crew.

The constantly working 36-hour shifts (necessitating all that coffee and Red Bull) can probably be looked upon as one underlying issue.

He lived hard, that's for sure. I really liked him on that show. Not the sort of family that I think I could live with, but they all seemed to love each other. Crab fishing is possibly one of the most physically demanding, and stressful jobs out there.

The constantly working 36-hour shifts (necessitating all that coffee and Red Bull) can probably be looked upon as one underlying issue.

And lighting one cigarette with the other.

I'll raise a pint to Capt. Phil....Fair winds and following seas Captain....

Apparently Jake Anderson from the Northwestern, who had his sister die during the last season, had his father disappear during this fishing season.

Back