It's 90's Night!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
I've watched a bunch of episodes of Seinfeld and Friends. Might hit the 56k dialup Internet later with Netscape Navigator 4 while listening to some Nirvana and Soundgarden...

-Steve

The Internet is like Gopher, but with pictures. My 56k modem usually maxes out around 48-51k, but it is SOOOO much faster than my old 33.6k! I've already seen about half of the 300 web sites out there.

-Steve

Damn you guys are advanced. I still remember my old 9600 modem. Moving up to 14.4 on AOL was like having an electronic orgasm. I can still remember waiting 20 minutes to see a single JPG of Meg Ryan topless download.

You can totally get onto Quantum Link so much faster. Buy it now

I used to go on Quantum Link with my Commodore-64 and 300 baud Might-Mo modem. Ah, such fond memories of being there during the dawn of home computing...

-Steve

Damn you guys are advanced. I still remember my old 9600 modem. Moving up to 14.4 on AOL was like having an electronic orgasm. I can still remember waiting 20 minutes to see a single JPG of Meg Ryan topless download.

You have a jpg of Meg Ryan topless?
So you gonna post it on the BBS for everyone.

Oh I have more than just her topless. I'm sure they are archived somewhere on the floppy disks boxed up in my garage. But I can imagine that google can find you the same images ;)

Either way, I still use usenet. Even in this day and age, it's fantastic for a variety of things :D

I remember playing Space War 2000 on my brother in law's 300 Baud modem. Then 1200. Then 2400, Then 9600, Then 14.4k, then 33.6, then 56K!!!

Find out later that the sysop of that board was the brother of a guy at work, and it was a MOBO hanging on a nail in the walk-in closet of his bedroom. The PSU sitting on the bench, drives and things hanging by nails... What a hack job. But it ran!

636-876-8871

Dial into my BBS if you want, I have LORD and tons of PRON plus you can download Red Alert if you have a free 15 hours!

I think I'll go rip a few CDs to mp3...it can *almost* be done in real time. I'm going to have to move these things to zip disks...I never thought I'd fill up a 250Mb hard drive.

I'll have to shut down everything else when I burn a CD later though or I'll get a buffer underflow: the last thing I need is another coaster.

Took forever to download a scanned pic of Anna Nicole Smith in Playboy!

Hey, I found this free online email place called HoTMaiL. These two guys started it and it's pretty cool. Now I don't have to give out my ISP email when I sign up for all these cool giveaways I see online! I just signed up for a chance to win a 1997 Eagle Vision sedan! It's one of those cab-forward cars.

And ya know what else? I haven't begun my first brew yet. That won't happen until the beginning of 1998!

Will any of this work on my Vic 20? I have a new tape and I'm ready to rumble.

Oh, and last night I saw a Seinfeld episode I had never seen before. I didn't think that was possible. Jerry was dog sitting. So-so episode anyway.

Back