Italian Grape Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delcosansgluten

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While we are still in the middle of winter in the mid Atlantic, my mind is looking forward to spring and to that end, I want to brew something like this.

It basically looks like a pale ale fermented with crushed grapes but id really appreciate how the folks here would tackle making this a GF beer.

When I used to ferment in better bottles, I switched to wide mouth for dry hopping to help with getting the hop sack out and with cleaning. With all that grape pulp and krausen, I would ferment in something that has a relatively wide mouth for cleaning. Small batch like that, you might have to purchase something. I always racked and never trusted the bottom draining spigots. Just never liked the cleaning issues with them. The wine guys with their natural yeasts etc. don't seem to care about oxygen contamination, mashing for long periods etc. Maybe you could repurpose some PET containers for the first try and just throw away the fermenter and the pulp/krausen. If you end up liking it, you could then purchase something more permanent!

Back