It is nice to be back.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brocster

Reaction score
Where was this site back in the day! Last homebrew was in 1996 I recall...

:mug:

It is nice to be back in the Homebrew "business". This time around will be even more fun, and I don't see ever stepping away. Funny what marriage, moving and kids will do to your free time. Now? My 7 year old daughter wants to help with the mash! lol.

I have really appreciated all the posts and tips at this site. It got me back up to speed, more or less, and with three beers conditioning and two fermenting, it is going to be a nice summer. :tank:

Cheers and we will see you around on this site.

Broc

Welcome back!

I feel like I hardly have any free time as it is now, and I'm only engaged. I guess I should expect that to all disappear once the knot is officially tied and I have kids. :eek:

Where was this site back in the day! Last homebrew was in 1996 I recall...
Funny what marriage, moving and kids will do to your free time. Now? My 7 year old daughter wants to help with the mash! lol.

Welcome back. Things are much different now, for sure. I had never met another brewer back in the day, and now we have HBT and mailing lists to talk all the time.

My original copy of JOHB has my daughter's crayon scribbles in it. By the time I came back to the brewkettle she has gone off to college. :)

Welcome back. I know exactly how life can get inthe way of brewing. With a 1 year old I had a hard time finding the time to brew. With a new business it has been impossible to find time to brew.

My daughter last me last night if she can help me bottle my barleywine. I wasn't quite ready, and she was a bit disappointed, but it will be time soon. She loves to help! Even on brewing day she went to the garage to help and we mostly played chess while the boil was going. Not bad for a 9 yo.

I expect her to actually learn the brewing process next time when I grew a cream ale. I will let her see how the mash works. My last brewing day was my first AG recipe and she was away during the mash. I fully expect her to be a brewer when she grows up. My older daughter could care less. She just doesn't get into that kind of stuff.

Latest posts

Back