issue with inkbird 308

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BalloonGuy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an error message on the controller. It is 2.5 years old so it is out of warranty. Does anyone know of a reset or any kind of trouble shooting with these. I contacted them and they offered a discount to buy a new one but no support...
Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 196
First thing i would do (and you probably have done it already), is unplug it and let it sit for 5 minutes. Plug it back in and see if it resets.

Isn't that a 310? My 308's are at least green.

If you reset it i've understood that it has to be set to fahrenheit first if you use Celsius.

Isn't that a 310? My 308's are at least green.

If you reset it i've understood that it has to be set to fahrenheit first if you use Celsius.

If it does reset, change it to Fahrenheit and then save it. I was adjusting mine this past weekend and it kept reverting back to factory because I didn't save it as I went. Stopping to read the instructions while programming it is not a good idea. :(

You are right. It is a 310... I have contacted them and they have no interest in a solution other than buying a new one. They did offer a discount which is pretty cool as I am well out of warranty. My next questions as I move forward are...
Is there a huge difference in the styles inkbird offers? I really only use it to set a fermentation chamber temp. I do not use any of the step temp features.
Are the other brands that are more expensive any better? I would rather pay double now then have it go out while I am in middle of fermentation. I also really don't want to have to replace this every 2 years.
Thanks again for all the help!

You are right. It is a 310... I have contacted them and they have no interest in a solution other than buying a new one. They did offer a discount which is pretty cool as I am well out of warranty. My next questions as I move forward are...
Is there a huge difference in the styles inkbird offers? I really only use it to set a fermentation chamber temp. I do not use any of the step temp features.
Are the other brands that are more expensive any better? I would rather pay double now then have it go out while I am in middle of fermentation. I also really don't want to have to replace this every 2 years.
Thanks again for all the help!

I think they have a 20% off sale on amazon. Apparently the amazon link was messed up. Look on this site in the sponsor area for their giveaway. Link and promo code is in there.

[edit] here you go, expires in a week: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/giveaway-for-inkbird-itc-308-temp-controller.649677/

The 308 will control cooling and heating, no steps. Not sure if that is something that you need.

If you feel like the prob is the issue, it’s really easy to buy the prob and just cut off the old one and splice the new one on (simple wire twist with electrical tape and you’re done) Hell I did that because I wanted the longer prob and they didn’t have the option to buy it with the longer prob yet. If I can find it you could just have it.

Back