• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

iSpindel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flowidc

Reaction score
I have 2 extra iSpindels that I am willing to sell.
$55/each (that includes shipping)
Note: This will not fit in a standard carboy due to the small neck size.
These work well with Brewfather to monitor the fermentation progress. PM me if interested.
20190928_134616.jpg
SmartSelect_20190928-155018_Chrome.jpg

What's your experience with these particular units? Work well? Battery last the entire fermentation period? Option to convert from celcius to farenheit?

Jimbo,

I use mine to control my fermentation chamber using Craftbeerpi. The first time I used it i set the update interval to 1 minute to keep the chamber at temp. The battery lasted for 13 days which was one day short of me racking the beer.
After that i made a modification and removed the LED from the gyroscope (which was on all the time). My next batch I changed the update interval to 1.5 min and it lasted the whole 14 day fermentation and judging from the battery usage it could have gone for another week or so.
Most people set the update interval to 15-20 min so they report battery life that would last months.

Yes, the unit can change from F to C in the setup menu.

The unit is as accurate as the calibration. Some people use a water/sugar mixture to calibrate doing a 5 or 6 point calibration. I use a 2 point calibration using my OG and water. So far my FG is ~2 points from my hydrometer reading. From what i have read it's because i am fermenting under pressure and the Tilt devices show the same difference. I don't mind the slight difference as I use the spindel to let me know when fermentation is complete based on movement.

Flow, where did you get the petling from? I bought one recommended from Amazon but it was for the sled variety and not the pcb body design and it was to big.

Back