Is this the right pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkUncle

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be purchasing my first pump shortly. I was going to go with either March or Chugger. It seemed there was a lot of high praise given to the Chuggers so I wanted to wait and see what they looked like and priced at.

Well they now show two beer pumps in stock but they look nothing like what I know a beer pump to look like. Perhaps this is just a center inlet design as opposed to the side inlet hence the difference in looks. But the one listed also seems to be priced pretty low so I am skeptical that this is the pump I should be using. Any advice and/or recommendation?

http://www.chuggerpumps.com/product.php?prodid=199

Thanks,
Chris

thats not the pump you want, it says on their facebook page they were overwhelmed and sold out, they have no date listed for replenishing their stock.

I wound up buying little giant pumps because their first run took forever to come in and I heard March pumps were louder than chugger or little giant.

It's odd, they have changed the website so that the marine pump is listed as a beer pump.

I would be hesitant to use it for beer. Aside from the fact that it is dc powered it is also self priming which, I believe, means that it has a sump which would be most unsanitary.

I Guess I shouldn't put as much stock in the things I read.

Thanks for proving the noise levels, I'll try to remember to verify other peoples written word before I pass them along as advice.:eek:

Just keep in m ind they are all mechanical things...some will be louder then others. Its just the nature of the mechanical beast. Some may have different pitches on the fan blades...other may get ball bearings that dont have enough greese...etc. If someone has an issue with the pump/motors being too loud feel free to send the unit back to me and i will check it out and see whats going on :D

-Walter

Back