Is this an infection/mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score

beer.jpg

No. Don't remember what it's called but that's yeast with a co2 something. If you search infection you'll see alot of post like yours with the same picture.

beer.jpg

Is that your secondary? May look like some trub floating up if ya racked it from primary to sec or maybe even yeast clumps. Hard to tell from the pic, if it dont spead I would think it should be okay..

It's a really fuzzy picture, but that looks like residual yeast still working after the krausen fell. I have a brew that's been in primary about 13 days and it looks pretty much the same. RDWHAHB

It's a really fuzzy picture, but that looks like residual yeast still working after the krausen fell. I have a brew that's been in primary about 13 days and it looks pretty much the same. RDWHAHB

Thanks!

Thought so, but wanted to make sure.

Yes, its in the secondary which I sanitzed with StarSan, and its been in for 2 days.

I think i just had a lacto infection, has a white flaky paint like film on top. I still racked and bottled, just dug my shipon in and let it rip.Bottled them up and condition till they carb then keep them in the fridge so they dont keep carbing.
Yours looks like mine do half the time, your gold. If its fuzzy its mold but even then, just scoop it out and your still good.(fuzzy mold=rare)

Back