Is this a good Temp Control???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel-Reserve

Reaction score
MODEL: Model A19AAT-2AC from Johnson Controls.

0102040116070104092008080845c288d51.jpg

01010301040701030420080807c9f389066.jpg

i found it on craigslist for $45.00, cant seem to find it on google tho for the retail on it..
anyway, seem like a good peice of equip? lemme know.

here is the descrip...

: In order to convert a freezer and operate it above 28 degrees, they can use this control unit to adjust the freezer's operating temperature range. Your freezer plugs into this controller which in turn is plugged into the wall. A remote sensor inserted through a door seal or a drilled hole will tell the controller when to turn on and off your freezer in order to maintain the desired temperature range.
There is up to a 4-5 degree variance between the desired temperature and when the compressor is turned on and off in order to protect it from over working. The control unit can regulate temperature from around 20 to 80 degrees. The cost of the control unit is much cheaper than attempting to replace the thermostat.
:tank:

Have the same one. Seems to work fine.
If I get another, it will be digital though. Not that it is any better IMO, just cause it looks better and I am a techno geek.

Works great on the lagerator. I Am building a kegerator soon and think I will go with a Love control as this will be more furniture like and in the bar room

yeah i wanted a love for the kegerator that i wanna build, but if this will work for now, so be it... where can i find a love pretty cheap? ebay?

cool. so i will have to tap in to the freezer's power to hook it up right? not a problem if so. i was looking at the actual website.. i think they sell it for a penny more! damm rip off's! LOL!

Mine is a couple of degrees high. I just monitored the frieezer with another thermometer to figure out the offset.

You plug the controller into an outlet and then the freezer plugs in to the controller. Make sure you set the freezer to it's maximum setting so that the internal thermostat doesn't come into play.

Paul

For that money you can get a digital controller. But then again I can't see any benefit of a digital over an mechanical except for you can see the current temp, dial in +-0.1 of a degree if you want, change offset if it's not calibrated.

edit,: back on topic, Johnson is good, one of the oldest and most used brands in HVAC going back decades. Not really used in refrigeration temp controls much now that it's all gone electronic though.

cool. cuz i found a chest freezer for 60.00 on craigslist aswell.. ahhh little by little, by monster will be made... :) thanks again

Back