Is This A Good Deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Complete home brew kit. 5 gal carboy, fermenter, transfer bucket w/ spigot, hydrometer, thermometer, funnel, hoses, cleaning and sanitizing solutions, CO2 tank, cornelius keg, cleaning brushes, faucet attachment, bottle capper, extra caps, Home brew bible book.
All for $150.00...... I have the kegerator already but need the co2 and keg. Also could use the rest of it as I need a bottling bucket.

Well, I would price it out.

A keg is about $25. The co2 tank would depend on the size, and the age. Is there a regulator? A new basic regulator would be around $55 or so. The carboy is probably worth $25 or so.

The other odds and ends aren't worth much- older buckets can have scratches and things. Still, a new bottling bucket is like what? $15 or so? The tubing and stuff is worthless. (You'll want to replace that).

So, if there is a decent co2 tank, it would be an ok deal. I think I paid about $75 for a new 5# co2 tank.

I am not up on the prices yet....At the lhbs I priced a corney keg and reconditioned ones are 35 bucks....the cos and regulator was I THINK $110.00....the other stuff I am not sure on....will probably pass I guess.

I am not up on the prices yet....At the lhbs I priced a corney keg and reconditioned ones are 35 bucks....the cos and regulator was I THINK $110.00....the other stuff I am not sure on....will probably pass I guess.

Oh, if the co2 tank and regulator are in good shape, I'd take that deal. I'm just saying it's not a great deal, but it depends on the regulator and co2 tank. If it's a newer 10# co2 tank, it'd be a good deal. If it's a 5# tank, then it's not. Maybe he'd take less for the whole set.

We have vendors here on HBT who sell kegs for less than $35, delivered. I bought mine from Insco2, but I know Chi company has some too.

Oh, if the co2 tank and regulator are in good shape, I'd take that deal. I'm just saying it's not a great deal, but it depends on the regulator and co2 tank. If it's a newer 10# co2 tank, it'd be a good deal. If it's a 5# tank, then it's not. Maybe he'd take less for the whole set.

We have vendors here on HBT who sell kegs for less than $35, delivered. I bought mine from Insco2, but I know Chi company has some too.

Got an e-mail in asking for more details.....I'd love to get the kegerator set up...

Back