Is there anything to see happening after bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryNL

Reaction score
Out of interest I used one clear glass bottle when bottling so I could see if anything happens to the beer. After going into the bottle it is nice and clear but there's also a couple of grams of glucose priming sugar in there (which actually went as a boiled and cooled mix into the whole batch).

Should I expect to see the beer do anything over the next couple of weeks, perhaps go cloudy as the glucose ferments and then clear again or is it just boring waiting for a couple of weeks before trying a bottle now?

There isn't enough sugar to really see any activity. The beer should clear over a week and sediment will form at the bottom, that's about it for excitement.

Unless you get an infection, then you get to see some activity.

The only thing exciting to see is you getting giddy in anticipation as time to pop one open approaches. :ban:

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Bugeaterbrewing said:
The only thing exciting to see is you getting giddy in anticipation as time to pop one open approaches. :ban:

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

That's going to be a problem. Fortunately, I did a few small bottles which I intend to pop open early just to check how it's coming along (honest). I'll probably pop the first this Sunday which will mean it's had 12 days in the primary followed by 6 days in the bottle. Should be interesting to see what it's like by then and compare it to how it is another couple of weeks later.

I did the same thing barry, I new the anticipation would kill me, so I bottled 3 small bottles, the rest were in pint bottles. I'm gonna open the first tonight... only 4 days after, but I want to taste this cream ale realllly bad. Gonna save another for 7 days and another for 9 or 10 days...

Latest posts

Back