Is making your own manifold OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Mojo Rising

Reaction score
I have been looking at purchasing manifolds online and realized that I could just go to the ACE and assemble one that may suit my needs. The question is how critical a check valve is and how big of a deal is backflow or mixing if you have positive CO2 Pressure?

I am someone who has come off of a week long nightmare with a store bought manifold, I really wish I made my own. As long as you are smart with the checks and backflows, you should be okay.

I wouldn't build a manifold without check valves. Cleaning a regulator is not fun. Building a manifold isn't difficult. Finding the leaks can be.

I got mine from B3 with a lot of other stuff for a kegerator. I've used them before, but this was just a nightmare. Missing items, broken items, a faucet nut that would not fit any shank, and finally 1 1/2 CO2 bottles leaked out.

I went store bought to avoid the hassle of individually taping each piece and pressure testing. Going to have to do it tomorrow anyway now, definitely make your own.

Hmm. I got this one from www.morebeer.com, too. It's worked great for me and I wouldn't think about trying to put one together myself with check valves for the price ($27).

5647.jpg

Latest posts

Back