Is it possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broncoblue

Reaction score
If I have one keg carbing right now and another brew in my other keg. Can I disconnect Keg 1 and attach gas to Keg 2 and carb it in the mean time. Will Keg 1 go flat or stay carbed while I drink off of it when I get the chance. I just dont like finishing a keg and then waiting another 3 weeks or so do drink the other. I dont have a dual regulator yet so thats not an option nor is naturally carbing the second keg. Any suggestions?

Get a splitter, then you can hook up 2 kegs at the same time at the same psi.

Yes, the carbonation will slowly leave the beer that you take off line and pour out of. You could do it half assed now and just hit the keg you are drinking out of everyday and re-hook up the carbing one. But splitters are cheap.

wye__74977_zoom.jpg

Add a body to your regulator (~35$ from KC), and then you can have a line per keg with different pressures.

Or just do a splitter (cheaper)

If you disconnect keg 1, it will just stay at whatever partially carbed level it's at. No problem switching over to keg 2. If, however, you drink from Keg 1 while it's disconnected, it'll start to go flat.

If you want to go even cheaper than a splitter, get a T:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/kegging/gas-hardware/stainless-tees/s-s-tee-3-16-1-4.html

If you want to carb faster, my method is 34 PSI for 48 hrs. I put the keg in warm, put it at 34 PSI, and wait 2 days. If the keg is already cold, chop it down to ~36 hrs. This method is a bit less reliable than the "set and forget" method, but a lot more reliable than the shaking method.

You'll find out if a used corny leaks a little from the gas post too by doing this. A few of my kegs have abused posts/poppets that like to leak unless the QD is connected.

If I ever buy another keg, it'll be brand spankin' new for that reason.

You'll find out if a used corny leaks a little from the gas post too by doing this. A few of my kegs have abused posts/poppets that like to leak unless the QD is connected.

If I ever buy another keg, it'll be brand spankin' new for that reason.

Usually that just means an incorrect or worn out poppet. Google "Universal Poppet" and buy some.

Back