Ireland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Gators

Reaction score
Hey all!! I have some great news (for me) :p I am heading to Ireland in just a few days! :ban: I can't wait, and I already have plans for almost every day of the trip, my father made sure of that. However, I just wanted some input on things I CAN'T miss, or beers I should seek out. Any input is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!! :mug:

Hey all!! I have some great news (for me) :p I am heading to Ireland in just a few days! :ban: I can't wait, and I already have plans for almost every day of the trip, my father made sure of that. However, I just wanted some input on things I CAN'T miss, or beers I should seek out. Any input is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!! :mug:

I've been to Galway, Killarney, Kilkenney, Cork, Dublin, Shannon and a few spots in between.

Mostly all you'll find is Guinness and Carlsberg and some ciders. Mixers, besides water, for whiskey are expensive so don't bother. If you're down near Cork, check out the Old Middleton distillery. The tour is great and worth the 7 Euros (when I was there).

I know I will be in Galway and spending a lot of time in County Claire. I was hoping to get to Cork City but I don't know. Thank you for the tips. :fro:

Cork's a fun little city. We watched the Irish rules football finals from a bar there, great people. If you get a chance, take the ferry from Galway over to the Aryn Islands. We spent a night on the island and loved it. We sat out a huge storm from a little one room pub. The power went out and one of the locals piped up.....

"The till doesn't work but the guinness still pours. Let's all enjoy"

If I could figure a way we'd live there a good part of the year.

Enjoy your trip! You'll experience some of the kindest souls.

Since you'll be going to Clare...
www.beb.ie

Limerick is also a good place for shopping and lots of heritage stuff... Castles, Old Cathedrals etc.

You flying into Shannon?

I don't have a map in from of me, but if Galway is on the west coast and north of Shannon then check out a really small village named CONG. It's where they filmed The Quiet Man with John Wayne.

Cashel Rock is really interesting, Blarney Castle where you can kiss the stone there's a really nice pub in the town also, Killkenny Castle, Killkenny has a whole street of pubs, Kinsale is pretty with the boats in the harbor, one don't miss are the Cliffs of Mohr, north of Dublin is Slain where St. Patrick had a run in with the Druid, west of Dublin is Clonmacnoise, and there's the Barrens...that's all I got for you right now...;)

Well as you can see I'm from Limerick, so if you do stop over for the night, I'll give you a tour of a few of the pubs...

Latest posts

Back