IPA conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longfella

Reaction score
I have bottled my IPA and left it at around 24c for week I have read up and it says should now do somewhere colder for 2-3 weeks but it's not really clear what that temp should be

Any advice would be most appreciated

The beer needs only enough time at 24 to carb up which is probably 2 weeks. After that drink it while it is young. It will have more hop flavor, as time goes on it will lose some of the hop flavor. I would store it where it is convenient for you.The temperature of storage of a IPA is not greatly important. I would not let it get to 33c though.:D

The beer isn't very clear yet though so will it need any time in the cold to clear ?

It should have been clear before bottling. 3 weeks conditioning at room temperature, cool for a day or so and drink. Cooling the bottles should clear them some more. If not, work on that for the next batch. Waiting for an additional 3 weeks will only allow the hop presence do diminish.

Back