Intruder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerN

Reaction score
After recounting the exploding wine tale elsewhere on the forum I thought I might share this other amusing homebrew related story.
I used to keep my beer in the garden shed along with the lawnmower and other garden tools.
One summer day I was mowing the lawn and decided to refresh myself with a nice pint of my homemade Stout from my 5-gallon keg located in the shed. In true Guinness fashion I half filled the glass with the black foaming liquid and returned to my work for a few minutes returning to fill the glass to the brim.
I took a large mouthful and immediately spat it out!
In the spat out beer was a big fat SLUG!
My neighbour who was in his garden found this highly amusing.
slugs, which are well known lovers of beer must have slithered up into the tap, attracted by the aroma looking for tipple.
My stomach still turns thinking of it

I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but that's pretty funny. I've had the occassional insect find it's way into my glass but never any beasties up my tap. I had no idea slugs had a taste for beer. My dog loves the stuff. When I would have guests over she would bump them or jump up on their arms to make them spill beer so she could lick it up. Smart dog, at least it's not wasted spilled beer.

When I was working at a local brewery, I used to bring home gallons of flat beer from the tap drains to use in the garden as slug traps. Here in Northern California, banana slugs are everywhere. To catch/kill em, you bury a tin can flush with the ground and fill it with the stale beer. In a way that reminds me of college. the slugs dive right in and, well...

What a way to go! :D

That is a funny story, but man, that must have been gross! I can't imagine taking a slug of beer only to find a slug in my mouth. Blech!

Taking a slug of beer isn't an expression I use anymore. :)

Slugburp said:
Slug's Love Beer

'bout time they started brewing their own in England aswell as Asaska, then they would leave mine alone. :D

Back