Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigsaarz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am from Melbourne Australia first started brewing in the late 60's how different it was then, no airlocks, a tea towell over the fermenting vat syphoned straight out of that into bottles. The grain we had to belt the bejasus out of with a rolling pin, and the hops we bought from Woolies (Woolworths ), I have been reading with intrest how far the Americans have brought home brewing since it was made legal, though having consumed some of the production beers in the early days I would say it was out of necessity.( the mother of invention )
Strange how you strive to copy the beers of your mother country along with the cheeses and sausages, maybe that tea party in Boston was a big mistake.
But in all sincerety I really do admire the way you have gone about home brewing, you Americans are an inspiration, all the gear I have at my fingertips has been copied from American sites, (apart from the Speidel Braumeister which I ordered from Germany). Thankyou for reviving my interest in brewing.:mug:

Back