Into Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
I just Transferred my IPA to a secondary fermentation. I was went to my local home brew shop, and was going to get a new carboy. Wow was I suprised at the cost. The owner told me just about two months a go priced doubled as there is only one manufacturer in the world now. He had an alternative a new style plastic carboy, or as the packaging says polymer. hopefully it will be just as good as the glass. I just dry hopped 1oz tettnang 5.1AA mmm also a question, can anyone of the top of their head tell me the alcohol content. or where I can to the calculations on the web. I went from a 1.052 at start of ferm to 1.016 in the secondary. I am sure this will probably drop just a little more before bottling.:mug:

OW,MY EYES!Around 4.7% alcohol.Does your hydrometer have the potential alcohol scale on it?If so then trace the og to it and then the FG and subtract the fg from the og to get alc. %
1.052=6.8%
1.016=2.1%
6.8-2.1=4.7%

OW,MY EYES!Around 4.7% alcohol.Does your hydrometer have the potential alcohol scale on it?If so then trace the og to it and then the FG and subtract the fg from the og to get alc. %
1.052=6.8%
1.016=2.1%
6.8-2.1=4.7%

Thanks I do have on mty hydrometer, but that is out in the brew room, and I am way up here in the computer room. lol

Back