Intertap faucets adjustment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardM

Reaction score
I have three brand new intertap faucets I recently installed on a kegerator. I’m not very happy with the way they keep dripping after a pour. Two will continue to drip maybe 7-10 total, which I could deal with, but one keeps dripping for nearly a minute before it finally quits. The only thing I did when I received them was to flush with line cleaner and sanitizer. Is there any kind of adjustment to correct this? I’ve searched here and google. I’m not very impressed with the faucets and honestly they Have a cheaper feel than the old basic faucet it came with for 1/2 the price.

You should adjust the compression applied by the threaded bonnet so there is very slight resistance to moving the faucet lever, while still keeping beer from seeping through the O-ring under the bonnet.
It's a compromise - too tight and the sliding slug won't reliably seal against the spout O-ring, too loose and you'll get a leak through the bonnet. You need to find the balance point.

btw, if you didn't install the springs, I highly recommend doing so. I installed them behind my six-pack of 525ss Perls and they work great by resisting accidental handle bumps and not leaking when I open and close the keezer lid. They should also give more adjustability to the bonnet by providing a little more closing force that you can use to nudge up the bonnet tightness...

Cheers!

Thanks I’ll give adjusting the bonnet a try. I thought about getting springs when I bought them, but thought I’d give them a try first since they are on a kegerator tower.

Back