Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen many reviews so far. Anyone know how these stack up to the 650 or 690 flow controls by Perlick? I do like the nozzle adapters for Intertap, but I was curious on if they are on par or better/worse. I'm just starting to but together supplies for my keezer and am looking to go with flow control taps. Thanks!

I can't say how they work compared to the Perlicks as I've never used those... I really like the Intertap I got, MUCH nicer than the junky generic taps I had before.

Now I wish I would have ordered all 3 I needed from Williams instead of 1 "just to try it first." It's a nice product; I hope they sort out the patent issue.

Very, very interesting! I never even considered patent issues and legal ramifications of manufacturing and selling "like" products. It sounds like most of you who have tried Intertap faucets are happy with them. I too hope Intertap is able to work out legal/patent issues.

I'm really thankful I picked up all 8 taps, even though I'm still waiting on a couple shanks to install the last two. Very smooth, easy to clean, and they look great. I was just a little late on grabbing a couple stout nozzles, so I'm thankful for the links to .au sellers for those. This is a great system.

A definite upgrade to the cheap standard faucets I started with.

I'm really thankful I picked up all 8 taps, even though I'm still waiting on a couple shanks to install the last two. Very smooth, easy to clean, and they look great. I was just a little late on grabbing a couple stout nozzles, so I'm thankful for the links to .au sellers for those. This is a great system.

A definite upgrade to the cheap standard faucets I started with.

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Ignore the mess, I just took a quick picture. You can see where the other two faucets will go here.

20160209_094905.jpg

20160209_094850.jpg

Ignore the mess, I just took a quick picture. You can see where the other two faucets will go here.

20160209_094905.jpg

20160209_094850.jpg

Lookin good! Are you considering the auto closing springs?

Im very anxious for mine to come in, since they are coming from Australia and I wont have much recourse if something minor is flawed on them.

Im hoping to drill out my fridge for my shanks this weekend, but Im also trying to squeeze in a brewday, plus its Valentines and my wedding anniversary, so we will see how that goes.

I've had a new keezer build on standby for a couple of weeks.. no vent-matics, no US intertap vendor. So these intertap faucets fit regular shanks? I need to finish my keezer asap. Need to order from Australian vendor possibly. Anyone know how long it takes for shipping via AirMail?

I've had a new keezer build on standby for a couple of weeks.. no vent-matics, no US intertap vendor. So these intertap faucets fit regular shanks? I need to finish my keezer asap. Need to order from Australian vendor possibly. Anyone know how long it takes for shipping via AirMail?

Air Mail is usually like three to five days or so, in my experience. I'll let you know when mine come in!

Somewhere, I read where someone mentioned Adelaide beer faucets, but I can't find any info on them. As I recall, the person who mentioned them really liked them and said he wouldn't use anything else. I'm assuming they are and Australian brand.

Perhaps it was Andale instead of Adelaide, I don't know. Those are some strange looking faucets, or may they are just old designs. They are expensive, also. Way out of my price range.

Those that have ordered from Ibrew how long did it take for them the process and ship your order?

It took them a couple of days to let me know they didn't have enough stock. I would imagine they should have shipped it at that time of they could have.

In other news, my eight flow control models just shipped on Monday!

I ordered 2 Stainless Steel Intertaps along with the Stout spout and growler fill spout from iBrew on Feb 9th and, according to auspost.com, they arrived in New York on the 15th. Haven't received them yet but I assume it should get to me within the next few days.

Definitely pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything has moved so far. I'll report back when I get them.

Just as a follow-up question from earlier -- the Perlick 650ss Flow Control faucets have a sulfuric smell on the initial 1-3 oz with anything that is low pH (cider, sours, etc...). I'm assuming that this is because of a mix of metals being used. Does anyone know if this is true for the Intertap Flow Control as well?

I bought 1 of the standard ones from Williams and hooked it up today to my cider so I will report back Thursday if there are any issues, but the initial pours went well. I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead with looking to purchase these in the future. Also, with ciders at least, I still have the same amount of drips as with the Perlick 650 (3-4 for cider).

Thanks!

Just as a follow-up question from earlier -- the Perlick 650ss Flow Control faucets have a sulfuric smell on the initial 1-3 oz with anything that is low pH (cider, sours, etc...). I'm assuming that this is because of a mix of metals being used. Does anyone know if this is true for the Intertap Flow Control as well?

I bought 1 of the standard ones from Williams and hooked it up today to my cider so I will report back Thursday if there are any issues, but the initial pours went well. I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead with looking to purchase these in the future. Also, with ciders at least, I still have the same amount of drips as with the Perlick 650 (3-4 for cider).

Thanks!

Intertap doesn't mention anything. I'll do some digging and see if I can find some Aussie reviews though.

Didn't Perlick fix that issue? Or am I just crazy?

Just as a follow-up, there has been no sulfur smell coming from the standard Intertap faucet. The same is supposedly true of Perlick though, so I'm still not sure if this means that the Intertap flow control wouldn't have these problems.

Just as a follow-up, there has been no sulfur smell coming from the standard Intertap faucet. The same is supposedly true of Perlick though, so I'm still not sure if this means that the Intertap flow control wouldn't have these problems.

Hmm, might have to brew some cider to test this out. My flow controls are in Chicago, so they should be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Update regarding ibrew.com ship time: After ordering 2 taps along with the stout spout and growler filler spout on February 9th I received them on Feb 20th, so about 11 days. A good portion of that time was going through customs I assume since, according to auspost.com, the package arrived in NY at 2 am on the 15th.

So far they look beautiful! Haven't had a chance to change out the taps yet but I'll update with pictures as soon as I do.

Update regarding ibrew.com ship time: After ordering 2 taps along with the stout spout and growler filler spout on February 9th I received them on Feb 20th, so about 11 days. A good portion of that time was going through customs I assume since, according to auspost.com, the package arrived in NY at 2 am on the 15th.

So far they look beautiful! Haven't had a chance to change out the taps yet but I'll update with pictures as soon as I do.

Well that's good to know that means I have almost another 2 weeks to go before I even see mine... So we will be at about 22 days since I placed my order in so impatient lol

I ended up paying $68.51 USD including shipping for 6 stout spouts shipped from an Australian eBay seller. I got my faucets in the Williams Brewing "unload them because of patent issue that we didn't disclose" flash sale.

What was the total cost, including shipping?

I paid ~$452 ($628 AUD) per my Amex bill. That was for eight flow control models, two growler fillers, and two stout adapters. This wasnt iBrew though, they did not have enough in stock. I emailed half a dozen vendors until one agreed to ship to me. I dont have permission to give out their name, but anyone interested, I suggest you employ the same strategy.

Got my 4 Intertaps today! Ordered them on the 11th got them via US Mail. No beer pours though since I'm barely jumping into kegging and setting up the keezer. Will probably brew this upcoming weekend.

Pics not working....

Last edited:
Expolosivo, that sounds exciting! I'd love to be setting up my taps. I've been kegging for a while, but have yet to get the freezer that i want to set up. for now, I'm still pouring thru picnic taps out of a fridge with a 4 keg set up. Soon, I want to start buying faucets and parts for a keezer though.

Expolosivo, that sounds exciting! I'd love to be setting up my taps. I've been kegging for a while, but have yet to get the freezer that i want to set up. for now, I'm still pouring thru picnic taps out of a fridge with a 4 keg set up. Soon, I want to start buying faucets and parts for a keezer though.

Same here. :(

Bought my taps from Williams Brewing, but received the stout adapters from Australia yesterday.

Used my stout spout the other day for a coffee stout. I guess I had moved the keg a little and kicked up a little bit of coffee grounds because it clogged the 4 little holes in the spout pretty quickly, completely stopped the flow. Going to clean the spout, let the beer settle for a while and then try again. The regular tap spouts work beautifully though, couldn't be happier with them.

Finally got mine installed in my new keezer setup. Love them. The quality is excellent. Man is it nice to leave the picnic faucets behind....this is just easier, cleaner and way more convenient. Turned a 7 cu ft. freezer into a 5 Corny keezer with an 8" collar. I get 25 gallons of home craft brew in a 37"X22" space.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Jfk69, I can't help but be jealous! That's a nice set up, and I love the tap handles! How long those shanks? They look to be the perfect length. Congrats on your keezer build!

Thank you! The shanks are 4 1/8" SS. The collar is 2 1/4" thick with the 2X8 inner board and 1X10 oak on the facing, so they fit perfectly.

Jfk69, I can't help but be jealous! That's a nice set up, and I love the tap handles! How long those shanks? They look to be the perfect length. Congrats on your keezer build!

Oh hey, only just now realized you're from Santa Cruz too! We should get together and compare pours on the Ventmatics vs. Intertaps sometime :tank:

Latest posts

Back