Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as another follow-up - still no sulfur smell from the standard Intertap faucets on my cider. I did some further digging around though and apparently Perlick did correct the issue with the flow control faucets. The thought is that they need to be passivated first and that should solve the problem. I'll try to get around to trying that out this week with the 650ss to see if the changes anything. Either way though, the new Perlick's shouldn't have that issue.

Just as another follow-up - still no sulfur smell from the standard Intertap faucets on my cider. I did some further digging around though and apparently Perlick did correct the issue with the flow control faucets. The thought is that they need to be passivated first and that should solve the problem. I'll try to get around to trying that out this week with the 650ss to see if the changes anything. Either way though, the new Perlick's shouldn't have that issue.

I could swear that I read something to that effect here or on /r/Homebrewing, but even after looking for 15 minutes or so I couldn't dig anything up.

In other news, my faucets have been in customs on Chicago since the 20th. Should be any day now...

Citation request.

Cheers!

This came from a chat session with an online retailer. The problem was not officially recognized by Perlick so thats why its not easy to find information on it, but the rep at the retailer told me that it has been resolved.

Oh hey, only just now realized you're from Santa Cruz too! We should get together and compare pours on the Ventmatics vs. Intertaps sometime :tank:

Drgonzo, that sounds great, but for now I have no real taps-just picnic taps. As soon as I get a suitable chest freezer, I'll start buying all the parts for a proper keezer set up. It is always nice to meet up with fellow home brewers though. :mug:

Customs finally let mine go! I have taken a few pictures, I will post them tomorrow. Anyone want to see anything specific on the growler filler, stout faucet, or the flow control?

I won't be pouring from these for probably a week or so, but first impressions are great. I have never owned Perlick faucets, but I have poured from them, and these feel just as good. They look awesome too, and I'm excited to try out the growler filler and stout faucets! I have never had nitro before, but I already purchased the gear and am planning on doing some cold brew coffee through it. I'll have to make a stout to run through the other faucet, or maybe a nitro IPA :)

So my eight FC models came in yesterday, along with my two growler fillers and two stout nozzles. Im hoping to finish converting my upright freezer this weekend, and I already sold my old kegerator, so I might not be pouring out of these for a week or two. Let me know if you want any other pictures of what I have, and I will be happy to take them for you!

The first is the three faucets, stock, growler filler, and stout.

Second is the stout nozzle, note the five holes.

Third is the stout nozzle from the other end, the little white cross is part of the restrictor plate, I think.

Fourth is the flow control faucet with the stout nozzle installed.

Number five is with the growler nozzle installed.

Six is two FC models side by side.

Seven is both angles of the FC models.

20160229_202049.jpg

20160229_202105.jpg

20160229_202135.jpg

20160229_202303.jpg

20160229_202334.jpg

20160229_201821.jpg

20160229_201847.jpg

Those do look nice, and high quality. how is the finish on the inside?

My camera isn't really cooperating for good inside pictures. They look pretty well polished and smooth. On one there is some visible casting marks though where it curves to become the nozzle. It doesn't seem to be that way on all of them, so maybe the mold was odd on that. It's still smooth, it just looks weird.

I can't say if they are better or equal to other faucets, the only faucets I have ever owned were chrome plated Chinese ones that came with my kegerator. I tore one down yesterday but forgot to take pics, I'll take some more when I go to clean them all.

20160229_200120.jpg

20160229_200026.jpg

20160229_202401.jpg

I want to add another +1 on these faucets.

I ended up finding a great guy, Roy Ladhams at a brew shop in Australia (https://homebru.com.au/) who was willing to ship to the U.S. and with the exchange rate, my cost for three flow control faucets, a growler filler and a stout tap ended up being right at $200 USD and that's even after shipping was included.

I originally contacted Roy on March 1st and he responded quickly (especially given the fact they're 12 hours ahead of us) indicating he had just a few of the flow controls in stock, but was waiting on growler fillers. Without even asking Roy said he'd put three taps aside and once the growler fillers came in, he'd contact me for payment... great service there. The fillers finally came in on March 13th, I paid and he shipped them out... they arrived in New York on the 18th and I got them yesterday. So definitely a big shout-out to Roy for great service and if any of you are looking for these taps, I'd absolutely recommend contacting him to see if he can help you out. Like I said, with the exchange rate you're basically getting free international shipping!

I'll install the taps this weekend but they do look really great and I'm looking forward to getting these up and running.

Nice!

Do you have to worry about parts compatibility (shanks etc) with purchasing overseas taps here in the states?

Nope... They're all standard. The intertaps were actually for sale here for a short time, and may still come back on sale, pending the outcome of a patent dispute (at least that's what we're all speculating).

I want to add another +1 on these faucets.

I ended up finding a great guy, Roy Ladhams at a brew shop in Australia (https://homebru.com.au/) who was willing to ship to the U.S. and with the exchange rate, my cost for three flow control faucets, a growler filler and a stout tap ended up being right at $200 USD and that's even after shipping was included.

I originally contacted Roy on March 1st and he responded quickly (especially given the fact they're 12 hours ahead of us) indicating he had just a few of the flow controls in stock, but was waiting on growler fillers. Without even asking Roy said he'd put three taps aside and once the growler fillers came in, he'd contact me for payment... great service there. The fillers finally came in on March 13th, I paid and he shipped them out... they arrived in New York on the 18th and I got them yesterday. So definitely a big shout-out to Roy for great service and if any of you are looking for these taps, I'd absolutely recommend contacting him to see if he can help you out. Like I said, with the exchange rate you're basically getting free international shipping!

I'll install the taps this weekend but they do look really great and I'm looking forward to getting these up and running.

Thanks for the heads up! I just went ahead and email them as well so see if I could get the same order. Hopefully they have all the items in stock and are willing to ship to the US again. ~$200 for all that isn't bad at all.

I do wish Ventmatics would get back in stock but it doesn't look like we'll see them for about a year if all the rumors are true. What a shame.

I just want to know if the Intertaps pour the same way the Ventmatics did in that one Brulosophy article.

Roy told me it was okay to mention his name and site but he did say the faucets are in limited supply... Hopefully he'll be able to hook you up though - I was quite surprised how quickly they got here to be honest... 3 days from Perth to NY... Took longer to clear customs and get to me from NY!

I just placed an order for one Intertap SS, stout spout and spring. Wish I'd known about this before I bought my two Perlicks awhile back (before jmark's post re: Roy) but hey, better late than never. The exchange makes this an incredible deal.

Roy told me it was okay to mention his name and site but he did say the faucets are in limited supply... Hopefully he'll be able to hook you up though - I was quite surprised how quickly they got here to be honest... 3 days from Perth to NY... Took longer to clear customs and get to me from NY!

Yup, he's willing to ship, just have to wait a few weeks until the flow control faucets get back in stock. Can't wait!

Those are the regular faucets; doesn't look like they have the flow controls unfortunately, but if you don't want that feature, this is certainly an excellent price

Has anyone ordered the Intertap shank to know if they are different than normal shanks? I want to know if the self close spring will fit a normal shank or only an Intertap shank?

The Intertap site as well as TWOC don't mention that you have to have their shank to use the spring, but in the Intertap video, I think the guy mentions that you have to use their shank... Either way, when I placed my order with TWOC, I spent the extra couple of bucks for the spring just to try it.

EDIT: I just sent an email to Keg King asking about using the spring with standard stainless shanks as well as US distribution.

The Intertap site as well as TWOC don't mention that you have to have their shank to use the spring, but in the Intertap video, I think the guy mentions that you have to use their shank... Either way, when I placed my order with TWOC, I spent the extra couple of bucks for the spring just to try it.

EDIT: I just sent an email to Keg King asking about using the spring with standard stainless shanks as well as US distribution.

The faucets fit all standard US shanks. After market springs or shanks are not needed. A faucet or spanner wrench is a good idea to have on hand however

The self closing feature is the same feature that has been available with imported beer towers for years. The faucet connection side of the shank has been made with a cavity (recessed) roughly 40mm deep and a 20mm width. This allows a spring to sit inside of it. It is a very pronounced recess.

Patrick

(Seems like it has been years since I posted here, had to make a new account since lost the credentials. Love the new emojis! Peanut butter Jelly Time :ban: )

The spring fits fine in my non-keg king shanks.

The reply from Keg King regarding the spring in regular shanks: "The springs are made to suit the shanks we sell but they may work with other shanks." My guess is that Intertap shanks probably have a machined bevel that the spring seats against. I think it just depends on whether the spring can seat itself on its wider end inside a regular shank.

And in regard to the US availability question: "We have arranged a licensing agreement for the Intertaps in the US so they should be available there in the near future." Expectedly non-committal, but who can blame them?

The faucets fit all standard US shanks. After market springs or shanks are not needed. A faucet or spanner wrench is a good idea to have on hand however

The self closing feature is the same feature that has been available with imported beer towers for years. The faucet connection side of the shank has been made with a cavity (recessed) roughly 40mm deep and a 20mm width. This allows a spring to sit inside of it. It is a very pronounced recess.

Patrick

(Seems like it has been years since I posted here, had to make a new account since lost the credentials. Love the new emojis! Peanut butter Jelly Time :ban: )

Do you guys ship to the USA? Your website says:

During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details including country. If your country is not in the dropdown menu of available countries, unfortunately we cannot ship to your country at this time.

When I go to sign up, the only country that is in the drop down list is Canada. Wouldn't it be easier to say you only ship to Canada as opposed to having people make an account and only have Canada in the list? ;)

Do you guys ship to the USA? Your website says:

When I go to sign up, the only country that is in the drop down list is Canada. Wouldn't it be easier to say you only ship to Canada as opposed to having people make an account and only have Canada in the list? ;)

My thoughts exactly - I kinda shook my head at that... :confused:

I just placed an order for one Intertap SS, stout spout and spring. Wish I'd known about this before I bought my two Perlicks awhile back (before jmark's post re: Roy) but hey, better late than never. The exchange makes this an incredible deal.

Tracking my package from Australia and I see this: "Perth Empty Bag Return Centre?" :eek:

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 8.22.34 AM.png

While I patiently wait for an opportunity (read SWMBO's permission) to pick up a couple FC faucets, does anybody have feedback, or perhaps a video, of the stout faucet in action? Maybe a side-by-side comparison with a traditional stout faucet?

While I patiently wait for an opportunity (read SWMBO's permission) to pick up a couple FC faucets, does anybody have feedback, or perhaps a video, of the stout faucet in action? Maybe a side-by-side comparison with a traditional stout faucet?

+1

Definitely curious on this!

My thoughts exactly - I kinda shook my head at that... :confused:

I shot them a message today and got a reply within a few minutes. Their Canadian website only delivers to Canada but they do have a sister site that ships to the USA.

It is brewpump.com. Here is a link to their Intertap products: http://www.brewpump.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Intertap&Submit=

I ordered some of the non flow control stainless steel faucets and they are $34.65 each. I think the flow control ones are $53.90. Shipping is free to the USA with orders over $70. I ordered today and just got a tracking number a little while ago.

I shot them a message today and got a reply within a few minutes. Their Canadian website only delivers to Canada but they do have a sister site that ships to the USA.

It is brewpump.com. Here is a link to their Intertap products: http://www.brewpump.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Intertap&Submit=

I ordered some of the non flow control stainless steel faucets and they are $34.65 each. I think the flow control ones are $53.90. Shipping is free to the USA with orders over $70. I ordered today and just got a tracking number a little while ago.

Thanks! Just ordered.

Has anyone ordered these off Aliexpress? I saw some pop up for a decent price recently. Shipping would certainly be less than from AUS and should be the real deal.

Back